Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical marijuana card while on probation--michigan

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by zombiegab, May 10, 2011.

  1. Hi everyone. So a few months ago, I was picked up for possession of marijuana while I was driving (no DUI). I had always been looking into getting my card, but I never had enough money. After I was arrested, I got my medical card. I had a pre-trial and my public defender, whom I am very displeased with, basically recommended I plead guilty and take the "First Offender's Program" which calls for 10 months probation, 20 hours of community service, random drug testing for three months, and over nine hundred dollars in court fines. As a trade-off, my record stays clean. I did not know that this program consisted of these conditions and with very little legal knowledge, I complied. She also told me that I would be able to smoke while I was probation while I had my card. I found out later that I could have gone for something called the "Affirmation Defense" (?) and all that, but it was all too late. When I went in front of the judge, as well as when I was tested for the first time a few days ago, I was told that I would only be allowed to drop dirty for marijuana if my doctor said there was no alternative treatment for my condition.

    My condition is scoliosis, a curvature of the spine. It is very real and it is hereditary. It causes back pain for me on a regular basis. I also use marijuana for help with severe anxiety attacks that I have on occasion. I went to the doctor that I went to in Ann Arbor to get my card, and he said there was nothing he could do for some sort of recommendation as far as saying there is no other alternative treatment, however he really didn't get me any good reason.

    Now, I know that the alternative treatment for such back pain is pain killers. My family has a history of addiction to such pain killers, and I even had a problem in high school for a while with the same medication. I stopped taking pain killers and started smoking weed, which is obviously a better alternative for me.

    I have been talking with some friends and we live right outside Ann Arbor. I am thinking of going to a doctor (specifically one that is known for advocating marijuana) in town and explaining my situation to him or her, in hopes that I can get such a recommendation. Is this viable? And will it be worth the co-pay money to try doing so? I am also on my mom's insurance, and she has no idea about my conviction, nor my medical card.

    Are there any other options for me? Please help!
  2. Call that court appointed attorney.

    Do it soon. Ask the attorney the questions you asked here.

  3. yep^^^

    ...and if the lazy leech still wants you to plead guilty, talk to his/her 'boss' and demand a REAL lawyer, not some flunky of the prosecutors.

Share This Page