Medical Marijuana Bill Veto'd

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by herbaltoker2, Jul 11, 2009.

1. The New Hampshire medical marijuana bill was at it final stage and sitting on Governor Lynch's desk, the bill had won in the senate and in the house. But early this morning Governor Lynch veto'd the bill. Sucks because just this morning I called his office in support of the bill. The bill has one last chance when it goes to legislature in September to a vote which can override the veto. Cross your fingers for this one fellow NH blades!

New Hampshire Patients Look to Legislature for Relief as Gov. Lynch Vetoes Medical Marijuana Bill | NH Compassion

2. Pretty sad considering the state motto is Live free or die. I lived in NH for 4 years and ran into nothing but corrupt, perjury committing, law breaking cops. The Nashua County Jail had 4 members charged with assault and another with getting an inmate pregnant and i think they called it something on the lines of rape by coercion or something like that.

3. NH sucks man hahah i wish this thing passes the other vote.

4. I don't get Gov. Lynch, he has raised objections to this bill in the past and each time the legislature has bent over backwards to address his concerns. After a long process, and with broad support it finally gets to his desk where it sits and sits before finally getting vetoed. Why the hesitation on the veto, does he really think there's harm in state run "Compassion Centers", oh the horror, compassion for the sick. I think he just doesn't have the political courage to make a decision he knows in his heart is right. Spineless people like that exhibit the exact opposite of leadership and need to be shown the door.

5. Yeah, i have been following it as well and it seems to me that no matter what bill is put in front of him he will veto it. Lets hope the reps have enough to over-ride his veto and then he will be stuck with it. The good thing NH has is that this bill has the peoples will behind it so if he veto's it and NH's reps vote it in he will look like an idiot and most likely not survive the next election.