Medical Marijuana Bill New York State - CALL AND SUPPORT ITS PASSING

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by RoninNYC, May 5, 2009.

1. Hi guys,

Long time reader first time poster. I'm hoping to gather some support for a medical marijuana bill in NY State A07542 (Bills). If not, we have to wait at least another year, so please make this count!!! This bill has passed in the Assembly for a while, so while it is always useful to call your local assemblymen and urge their support of the bill, more important is your state senator (not to be confused with federal senate). This is the first time the bill will be proposed to a democratic majority state senate so it is crucial that we make it count this time, because it may not be proposed again when the democrats have such control over the state legislature.

The entire thing should take less time that it took you to read that paragraph, here's what you can do:

Look up who your state senator and assemblyman are:
    Senate:
    http://www.senate.state.ny.us/sdlookup.nsf/Public_search?OpenForm

Assembly:
    New York State Assembly - Members

Once you have that, simply make the calls and say something along the lines of "Hi, I'm a constituent of _______________ and I'm calling to urge the passing of the Medical Marijuana Bill A07542."

Seriously, that's it! The entire process takes about 2 minutes, so please help us all out if you live in New York State, and urge any of your friends to do the same!