Medical Marijuana approved for veterans with PTSD

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by old vet, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Since Iam a veteran diagnosed with PTSD, I will be checking this out soon...........

Medical marijuana approved for PTSD treatment in New York State
    Gov. Andrew Cuomo to sign legislation this weekend

Posted: Nov 11, 2017 07:51 PM EST

Updated: Nov 12, 2017 12:41 AM EST

AddThis Sharing Buttons
    Share to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to PrintPrintShare to EmailEmailShare to MoreAddthis7.2K
    ALBANY (WSYR-TV) - Veterans diagnosed with PTSD now have a new treatment option in New York State, medical marijuana.

Governor Andrew Cuomo signing new legislation today that makes PTSD the twelfth condition covered under the state's medical marijuana program.

Veterans across the country have already been receiving similar treatment outside of New York.

"Many of our veterans are suffering form PTSD and the medical community has determined that marijuana can be a helpful treatment in some areas," the Governor said. "Part of our commitment to do everything we can do, if there are veterans who are suffering and if we can make the treatment available, we want to."

It is estimated that more than 19,000 veterans are suffering with PTSD in New York.

They would need a certified doctor's approval to qualify for medical marijuana.

ith PTSD, I will be checking with my doctor soon.....

• Like Like x 2
  2. I recall them saying they will not provide the Meds via the VA
    You will have to pay out of pocket.

3. Iam not sure how this program works yet, Although my primary care doctor told me she would give me a letter stating her approval for me. I will be going tomorrow to the VA, I will find out then more about the program then.

• Like Like x 2
  4. that's awesome man! Good freaking Luck... please keep us informed. Peace

5. the vet need meds give to them

6. Just a status post, I was approved for medical pot(yeah). Heres how it goes, I should receive my letter of approval Thursday this week from the VA. It was a three point approval for PTST, Back pain for injuries incurred in the military, And for a MAJOR loss of appetite due to all the meds I take. Ive been sent a letter from NY state explaining all this, I have to go to a private doctor from the list of NY registered Drs. The whole process will cost me 500.00 total to be RE-INBURSED by the state, How cool is that. A three month supply is given at a time, should be interesting.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Great News . so they will supply you with meds then.
    Its all tinctures and edies only correct?

8. Its complicated, really complicated. Today I will know so mush more because Iam seeing my Primary Care doc and a PTSD doc at the same time. I don't want to put to much on the boards yet until Iam damn sure I know all the loops I have to jump thru. Iam learning as I go thru this process, BUT why would they give me a list of dispenseries if its just gummies and shit? So far Iam leaning towards real weed but Iam not pulling that trigger yet. Appt is at 3pm, I will get back to you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ```````````````````````````````

Columbia Care NY

Get a New York Medical Marijuana Card
    [​IMG]

Are you interested in purchasing medical marijuana products in New York State? Columbia Care NY looks forward to serving you and we’re happy to guide you through the process of obtaining your NY medical marijuana card. The card is your key to the dispensary and allows you to purchase medical marijuana products at any of our NY locations. Feel free to contact our helpful staff if you need assistance at any stage of the process.

New York Residency

The first step is to determine whether you meet the residency criteria for the program. In order to participate in New York’s medical marijuana program, you must be able to demonstrate current residency in New York State. You’ll need to provide one of the following proofs of residency:

• ID number from your New York State Driver’s License or New York State Non-Driver ID Card.
    • Copy of a government-issued identification card that contains your name and New York State address.
    • Copy of a utility bill or other document showing your residency issued within the previous two months. The document must contain your name and address.
    • Copy of a current lease or similar document showing your residency within New York State.
    • Other documentation as approved by DOH containing sufficient information to show proof of residency in New York State.
    Temporary residents who are receiving treatment in New York for a qualifying medical condition may demonstrate residency by providing a lease, utility bill, hospital bill, or other documentation as approved by the Department of Health.

Qualifying Medical Conditions

Next, you’ll need to determine whether you have a qualifying medical condition. To participate in New York’s medical marijuana program, patients must have a qualifying condition and experience associated or complicating symptoms. The qualifying medical conditions are as follows:

• ALS
    • Cancer
    • Chronic Pain
    • Epilepsy
    • HIV/AIDS
    • Huntington’s Disease
    • Inflammatory Bowel Disease
    • Multiple Sclerosis
    • Neuropathy
    • Parkinson’s Disease
    • PTSD
    • Spinal Cord Injury with Spasticity
    The associated or complicating conditions include:

• Cachexia/Wasting Syndrome
    • Severe or Chronic pain
    • Severe Nausea
    • Severe or Persistent Muscle Spasms
    • Seizures
    Additional qualifying conditions are being considered and added to the program on an ongoing basis.

Patient Certification

If you can prove NY residency and you have a qualifying medical condition, the next step is to obtain a patient certification from a participating physician, physician’s assistant, or nurse practitioner. When discussing medical marijuana with your care provider, it’s important to be honest about your health situation and explain why you believe medical marijuana treatment will be beneficial to you. If they agree to approve you for the program, they must submit a patient certification form on your behalf.

Please note that in order to approve you, the doctor or nurse must be licensed in New York and registered with the medical marijuana program. If your doctor or nurse hasn’t yet registered with the program, they must follow these instructions in order to sign up. If your care provider is unwilling or unable to issue a patient certification for you, they may refer you to a practitioner who is registered with the program. Your provider can access a list of participating physicians and nurses by clicking here and following the instructions in the “Physician Access to Registered Practitioners” section. Referrals are only available from your doctor and cannot be provided by the dispensary.

Patient Application

Once you’ve received your patient certification, you’ll need to complete an online patient application for the medical marijuana program. The first step is to create an account at NY.gov and click on ”Health Applications” then “Medical Marijuana Data Management System” in order to access the online application form. The form will request basic information from you including your proof of New York residency. If your application is approved, you’ll receive your medical marijuana card in the mail.

Caregivers

Each patient may appoint up to two caregivers during the application process. A caregiver is a trusted individual you select who will be permitted to make dispensary purchases on your behalf if you are unable to visit in person. Once your application is approved, your caregiver(s) will need to register through the online system.

Visiting the Dispensary

Once you have your card in hand, you’re ready to begin making purchases at the dispensary. Please click here to pre-register with the Columbia Care location of your choice, which will save time during your first visit. Our helpful staff will be happy to show you around the dispensary and answer any questions you have about our products and services.

Additional Resources

New York State Medical Marijuana Program Page
    Department of Health Information for Patients Page
    Department of Health Practitioner Information Page
    Columbia Care NY Frequently Asked Questions Page

Want to learn more?
    Contact Us

If you are a returning patient with a question on dosing, scheduling, certifying end date, or some other similar question, please email info@col-care.com for the fastest response.
    First Name*
    Last Name*
    Email*
    Phone Number
    City
    State*
    Zip Code*
    Questions/Comments
    Which location(s) would you like to receive updates from?
    • Manhattan
    • Riverhead
    • Rochester
    • Plattsburgh
    Do you need help getting an MMJ card?
    • Yes
    • No
    Are you a registered patient and/or caregiver?
    • Yes
    • No
    Interested in employment opportunities? Visit http://col-careny.com/jobs/

Columbia Care

NEW YORK CITY · RIVERHEAD · PLATTSBURGH · ROCHESTER

info@col-care.com

Premier provider of medical marijuana products and services to qualifying patients in New York.

© 2017 Columbia Care.

All Rights Reserved.

10. Dam I just may have to move to New York, Could you imagine LOL\
    Good Luck
    I hope they hook you up

11. How about Scranton, PA Stiggy
    [​IMG]

12. Last I heard from the VA was a letter informing me that my "issues are not combat related, so I got nothing coming - fuck me and thanks for the memories".
    I decided right then that me and them owe each other nothing.
    Fuck the VA. I hope the bitches enjoy their fucking retirements.