Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Marijuana and Probation Drug Testing

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by arterial black, Jul 3, 2009.

1. I have recently gotten into some trouble and I am looking at several years of probation with drug testing. However I am looking into getting a medical marijuana card. My first question is can you be prescribed medical marijuana if youre on probation? My second question is would marijuana be excused if it came up in a drug test given by my probation officer?

2. I would say if you had the card before you got into trouble you would be ok..but if the charge you got was drug MJ related I don't think you would be able to get away with it

3. If cannabis is legal in your state, and you have a medical condition which warrants a medicinal use of cannabis, then as long as you have your cannabis recommendation, your probation officer would have to accept your recommendation.
    In my experience in Cali the probation officers accept it if it is legally recommended.

4. Well actually its a burglary charge so would that still affect it?

5. No. If you were to get a card, Your officer would have to dismiss any THC found in your system and they would only be allowed to check for other drugs... This might mean though more randomized drug tests for Coke and other types of hard drugs that dissapear within a few days of use.

6. of what i know of my friends and stuff i havent really been through the system except for when a kid and no probation, but i have quit a few friends the have a card but they are not allowed to smoke but do anyways because there probation dont think it a big deal, and my other friend cant and he has card so it matters on probation officer ask him your self??

7. THIS doesnt exist.

I wouldnt even suggest it dude. i mean its weed not crack. do you actually need it THAT bad?

8. A person I knew was on 3 years probation and was permitted by the judge to use cannabis during his probation. This was in California.

9. i have a few friends who are on probation and still smoke, because of there medical marijuana recs.

im in colorado

10. In California at least, you can continue to use medical marijuana with a note from your doctor stating the need for you to do this... So yes, in a sense, this does exist.
    Probation officers have to allow you do this. Parole might be a different story though cause that means you got in BIG trouble.

Are you getting probation? or are you getting slammed and then parole?

11. I live in Breckenridge. I have 2 felonies for cultivation and possession. I was unable to use my medicine when probation started for a period of a year or more. I contacted 3 attorneys, and the medical marijuana registry and found out that I can get my card while on felony probation for marijuana. I told my probation officer and she didn't say much about it, just made a photo copy of my card. I always fail my UA's for marijuana and probation doesn't say anything about it because I have my card.

I also know of another person who is a caregiver for 50 people and grows for all of them while on probation and he got a signed order from the judge saying its' fine.

You can use what ever medication you need while on probation if prescribed / recommended by your doctor.

Colorado Medical Marijuana

12. And The ban hammer striketh.

13. X2. I have heard this too. Once you get your card they have no option. It ironic: People on probation for marijuana are legally allowed to smoke marijuana. Sweet!

It's pretty much legal here too, if you have a card. Being able to buy Hightimes grade weed with your credit card is awesome. And then pick up some kief, hash, weed ice cream, and a couple of clones before you forget!:smoking:

14. I recently was busted in nevada for two joints and a pipe.2 misdeamenor charges. i live in california and have my medical marijuana card.i got probation for a year and they are saying my card doesnt matter. any suggestions?

15. Your card doesn't matter in Nevada. It is only legal in the State in which it was issued. Just be glad all you got was probation. Just play it cool in NV for a year :)

16. i know my card doesnt matter in nevada im just wondering if there is a way for me to continue smoking because i have my cali medi card i am a cali resident but nevada says i have to pass a piss test.thanks 4 ur input.

17. thats what hes saying. no, there isnt. unless nevada gets mmj laws and then you ask for a hearing with the judge....mmj cards only work for the state they are issued in

18. gotcha thanx guys

19. smoke 1 for me. 360 days left

20. what about still growing or being around weed?didnt really wanna ask p.o about that