Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical marijuana and high blood pressure?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by zombiefuhrer, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Recently I told my mother that I'm a smoker of the herb and although it's not legal for medical use in Ohio yet I have high hopes in the next elections that medical marijuana will make its way to the heartland of America (I say this because I heard the vote was extremely close) and I was talking to my mom about the benefits (not easy mind you) and she has high blood pressure and I know marijuana increases heart rate so would that be a bad thing for someone with high blood pressure? I'm going to assume the whole "risk of heart attack increases 10 fold within the first hour of smoking" is a lie but I figured this would be the best place to get the information I need.

Basically I want my mom to have an alternative medicine for her ailments (if she'd ever be willing to go outside her comfort zone) because I know it'd be much healthier than all the medications she takes for headaches and other various pains and I'd rather he be able to soothe the pains in a safer manner.

2. I like your avatar. Smang, Smash it and bangit

3. [quote name='"T Swank88"']I like your avatar. Smang, Smash it and bangit[/quote]

Haha thanks

4. check granny's thread at the top of this forum.

5. I have a bp monitor on the table right now. I find it lowers the bp but raises the heart rate initially. Like my bp will be 98/70 something and resting heart rate around 110-100 if I have a soaring sativa. Just my experience though.