Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Marijuana and Drug tests

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tinyTickingBomb, Mar 12, 2013.

1. I'm not sure if this is on the right section, but I have a question and I hope you guys know of a credible link that can answer this with facts, or maybe you know already. In the state of California, if a person has a medical recommendation and they need to take a drug test for a job, whether it's to apply or it's just a random drug test during the persons employment, do they pass the drug test? And if they do past the drug test because of the medical recommendation, do the doctors giving the drug test have the right to give out the test results to the employers, or is the drug test completely confidential? I'm just looking for your guys knowledge, and it would help if you guys have a link to a credible link.
    Thanks in advance I'm just a bit fuzzy on these laws in CA :confused: :)

2. Pretty sure they can still fire you

3. its up to the employer. they can choose whether or not they support medical marijuana.

just google it youll find it

4. I'm looking it up, came across t0 Norml.org on the state laws section. Read up on the laws, and alot of it is very vital for anyone, pot smokers or not. But I can't find anything specific to drug tests. I'll have to search more... I just thought it was worth knowing.

5. #5 hemi4spd, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2013
  6. My dad won't hire people who have THC in their system period, and my state has legalized both recreationally and medical. You could always try and mask it ;)

7. Medical marijuana patients are not protected from employer drug tests.

Employers are still completely allowed to test applicants and reject those who test positive for marijuana, whether they are medical marijuana patients or not.

8. Exactly what my father says about this whole marijuana thing. It's still an impairment to motor skills, if you're using a fork lift you can't be high or else you'll be fired. Someone actually got fired not too long ago because they got in an accident and had to be tested. :wave:

9. See that's the funny thing about THC. Its present even when your motor skills aren't impaired in the least.

Someone using cannabis for let's say insomnia could function just fine at his shift the next day.

I could agree with being medicated while working, especially with heavy machinery is a terrible mix. But then again so could that same operator with a belly full of opiates which your pops would totally accept?

Even a drunk, when suffering withdrawals when they can't sauce at work is accepted. But test a little THC from god knows when???? Your fired.
    Wtf is up with this world??

10. Probably true but I don't know how people that do these things can live with themselves.

11. [quote name='"hemi4spd"']

See that's the funny thing about THC. Its present even when your motor skills aren't impaired in the least.

Someone using cannabis for let's say insomnia could function just fine at his shift the next day.

I could agree with being medicated while working, especially with heavy machinery is a terrible mix. But then again so could that same operator with a belly full of opiates which your pops would totally accept?

Even a drunk, when suffering withdrawals when they can't sauce at work is accepted. But test a little THC from god knows when???? Your fired.
    Wtf is up with this world??[/quote]

Amen..