Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical JWH-018 Usage For HIV/AIDS Patient

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by SpAzZy, Jan 29, 2010.

1. #1 SpAzZy, Jan 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2010
    I have AIDS and I do smoke pure JWH018 "now and then" as it is not legal to possess medical marijuana in New York state yet (getting close).

JWH018 will make me feel better days I feel terribly ill. I also have 10mg Dronabinol (generic Marinol, synthetic THC) pills I get from my doctor for appetite, but I have to take up to 40mg pharmaceutical THC orally to make "the ills" go away (never tried JWH-018 oral route) and each Drabinol pill costs about $13.00 each ($44.00 total) or I can smoke $0.44 worth (44 cents) of JWH018.

As a bonus with JWH legal alternatives, I get results much quicker (takes over an hour for 4 Drabinol to take effect), almost instantly. Also the effects do not last as long with JHW (an hour later its effects are gone) whereas the Drabinol might make me stoned for 4 or five hours (I don't mind being stone for an hour or 2 max, I always have option to do more with smoking).

THE ILLS: I feel like I am going to vomit (sometimes vomitting), headaches, body ache. Like a case of the flu, but I get this a few times a week. This will last an hour to a few hours, so if I am stoned on THC or JWH018 during this time, I hardly notice it and can continue with my day (family/work/etc).

I would prefer to smoke marijuana extracts (extracted THC preffered) for quick acting effects rather than some research chemical that has not been used by humans long (marihauna has been used for thousands of years and effects known), but I cannot risk breaking the law. The best THC product I ever had was called Sativex, a spray on your tongue pharmaceutical prescription medicine from Canada (effects take about 5 to 10 minutes to come on nice a gradually) that is derived from actual cannabis plants (not allowed in USA).

I do like to activate my CB1 & CB2 receptors for recreational purposes too (I don't drink or do any other drugs other than nicotine), I do admit this. Sometimes getting high just makes the day feel a little happier and I forget I have AIDS for the day...

I hope this JWH stuff is safe. I am not promoting it for medical use, but just wanted to post my results.

2. Minor use of JWH -018 is fine but the napthlene ring and its metabolites it creates have shown to create cancerous cells in rats.

not saying a human would be effected as much as a rat, but only jwh-018 has this and i wouldnt smoke it your whole life, maybe try jwh-200,250, or 73

3. #3 SpAzZy, Jan 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2010
    Ok, I will try them, been meaning too try them and less risks for me the better! Do you have any personal experiences to share to give me an idea of the duration each chemical feels active?

I have heard the cancer risk of smoking 50 mg of JWH-018 (I use 5 to 10mg at a time) is less risk or equal to smoking 250 mg of clean marijuana plant material (street pot has higher risks as it can be contaminated with pesticides, solvents, cleaning products, fertilizers, pollution if outdoor, etc). I smoke JWH-018 vaporized in electronic cigarettes or sometimes I just mixed it with 50mg tobacco (or other tastier plant material) and roll or smoke in a pipe.

I wish there was more research into these chemicals, but I am sure the government rather ban them instead of learning more about the science of the mind and body. JW Huffman (guy who designed/created it) claims that it is completely safe if its 100% pure, but I have never seen a source offering 100% (99.6% is the claim by my supplier).

4. Does JWH-018 help your appetite at all?

I found a bunch of JWH-018 info here, but I dont understand most of it. Looks like the study shows it isnt very toxic. Can anyone verify that is what it is saying or if its accurate?

5. Yeah according to that study there is basically nothing wrong with using it...at least in the short-term. As has been mentioned before, there haven't been any long term human studies. And I think all the short-term studies have been done on rats; which, while being fairly similar to humans in a biological sense, are different than humans, so it's hard to say for sure if these studies really mean anything.

As for the accuracy of that study, I can't quite say for sure. But it wasn't published on a well known peer reviewed site. Which makes me assume some guy copied a study from one such site, and edited it down a bit, possibly changing info as we went along. Because I noticed that the information wasn't really that concise as would be seen in a reputable study.

6. I think if its working for you, than do what feels right. No point in protecting your body from all harm if your quality of life goes to hell

7. i have consumed probably 20 grams or so of jwh-018 and have no negative effects tolerance builds till theres only a hour and a half high from 8 mg or so. I bought a mg scale for less than 40 shipped and it works out good for my jwh online business and to measure doses exact

8. #8 SpAzZy, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2010
    Helps a lot with appetite, I definitely get the munchies when smoking JWH-018.

I have gained about 11 pounds in 3 months (doctor appointments every 3 months). Possibly over 25 pounds since I started JHW-018 several months ago. Infact, the doc says I might need to lay off the sweets if I keep gaining weight.

9. #9 SpAzZy, Feb 16, 2010
    I think it has improved my quality of life and also acts as a great anti depressant as living with AIDS can get you down in the dumps!

I still would prefer the oral medication Sativex or smoking some stinky/sticky BC buds. I will have to experiment with oral dosing as I alsways worry about a cancer carcinogen type factor with smoking this research chemical.

Has anyone had decent effects with ingesting it with food or olive oil? What dosage in mg? Anyway I can make this a sublingual (under tongue) with alcohol (I know it will not dissolve in water)?

One thing I notice is I develop a tolerance to JWH18, if I smoke it alot in a single day, by the end of the day I need 2 or 3 times as much to give same effects (sometimes I do not quite get full desired effect). If I smoke a lot daily for a few days straight, I notice I need to smoke more (like 5 to 10mg) per sitting (tolerance increases even more near end of each day). When used often, I find the effects do not last as long (about 45 minutes when over doing it or over an hour when not). But if only used once or twice a day, no tolerance build-up is really noted or a concern.

I tend to abuse it when I am feeling down as it helps me escape my reality (just like THC). I cannot drink enough to get drunk as that will affect my CD4 counts (immune system) which allows viral load (HIV virus) to go higher. So far my doctor has not noticed any increase in viral or decrease in CD4 since I have started this chemical as a "medical marijuana" replacement therapy.

10. Wow spazzy thanks for your input, i'm so sorry that you are afflicted with such a terrible disease. It is cool to hear that it helps your quality of life, you qualify through the mmj compassion act right?

11. #11 SpAzZy, Feb 16, 2010
    Not in New York where I live now, I am forced to buy very expensive Marinol pills that cost about $2/mg of THC (equivalent 2mg of JHW-081 is only 12 cents). When I lived in Canada I had a card for possesion of marijuana for personal use less than a quarter pound at home or less than ounce on person. Marinol takes so long to take effect as its swallowed to the stomach as a pill (smoking is much faster intake, Sativex sprays onto tongue and is absorbed fairly quick too) and can be hard to swallow if very nauseous.

It costs me almost $2,000.00 for a month supply of Marinol or I can buy a month supply of JWH18 for less than $100.00. A month supply of pot used to cost me $350.00 (ounce an a half) in Canada. Seems JWH is the cheapest cannabis alternative out there.

New York might have medical marijuana laws soon, they are working on it. New York has not passed medical marijuana legislation to date. I think because personal possesion of less than 30 grams is just a fine, New York believes they are more than lenient already with marijuana than the rest of the country (but I still should not have to worry about a criminal record and a fine if it's for medicine, I should also be able to grow my own "free range" organic homegrown grass that is not contaminated with pesticides/residues/etc).

http://news.google.com/news/search?q=medical+marijuana+%22new+york%22

12. greck1 where do you have this information from? I am a regular user of JWH and think if its done safely it seems to be a "better" alternative to marijuana then most other sources. So far I have noticed no determental effects when taking the right dose. I have felt like its almost a miracle drug, making a poor individual like myself who can't get good weed, and is killing my lungs and throat with large quanities of bad uncured weed to get the same high. However, in the scientific studies I have looked into have shown no negative effects other then rat casualities in extremely large doses, which is not uncommon.

Also, Spazzy depending on what your looking for other forms of jwh and chemicals have similar but different effects. Jwh-073 is supposed to be more uplifting and energic but slightly less strong. That seems like a good alternative to you, rather then the couch lock jwh stoned most people get. Ch-5595 I beleive its called is similar to Jwh-018 but lasts about 12 hours. I do not know much research relating to these 2 chemical forms, but its something to look into. Lastly, JWH-073 I have read alot about and seems like that would be your best choice if safe. Look on these forums and drugforum they have the most information on these products.

13. Due to it being quite carcinogenic when combusted. Have those of you currently medicating with it tried to eat a dose? Is it orally active?

14. I have eaten 5mg, 10mg, 15mg and 20mg (slowly upping the value, it is research) so far without any real noticable effects other than a feeling tired during the day at 15mg & up. Even pure THC I need 20mg to feel a bit of an effect (40mg to 50mg gets me stoned), so I am guessing if I tried eating 30mg to 50mg of JWH that I would get some better effects (but that is 5 smoke sessions worth of expensive chemical).

From my experience I am assuming that THC is a bit stronger and lasts longer. I would like to say that you need 2 times as much JWH to get the same effect as THC, but JWH 18 will last about 75% as long as THC.

15. I think it would be nice to have a mix of these as some days/times I could see wanting different advantages. JWH18 is great before bed if I am restless, I sleep like a baby! I could see 12 hours having a slight effect that could be bumped with JWH73 at any time, but 12 hours as a recreational drug is a little much :smoking:

I would really like to get my hands on some HU-210 (800 times stronger than THC and lasts 10 hours), but its illegal here in USA.

16. So Called SWIM can verify that it is active, at about a 30/mg dose orally. in 30 mL 95%ethanol, in about 2 hours for four hours,