Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical health check... and THC in the body.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by MrFlyHigh, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Hi :)
    I would like to get myself a full medical health check. The only issue behind it is that I'm a regular inhaler (and very often smoker), but haven't took any stash for a day now.

My questions are:

Are they obligated for a medical confidentiality in the case of detecting a drug?

How long does it take for cannabis substances to be completely vanished from the body if you are a regular user? (I know that it may take months to be removed from hair)

I saw shops selling drug tests. Would you recommend it? Anyone tried it?

Thanks for all the answers ;)

2. THC leaves the body in different amounts of time for everyone. Due to the fact that it's stored in your lipids (fat), you have to take into account how active you are and not only how often but also how much you toke among many other variables. In short, there's no set amount of time until you are fully "flushed". For the doctor, yes they are obligated to confidentiality thanks to HIPPA. The only exception is if you are underage they can' but not always will, inform your parents.

The at home drug tests would be pretty pointless because even if you were negative on a panel test, the doctor's urine testing is done in a lab where they detect levels, including very trace amounts that would not show up on the at home tests.

Hope this helps.

3. Thanks, that solved all the doubts :)

4. They wouldnt test for drugs, and if they did they couldnt tell anyone

5. [quote name='"sharkbng"']They wouldnt test for drugs, and if they did they couldnt tell anyone[/quote]

A levels test can be testing anything from levels of your prescribed meds to levels of drugs. I used to be on drug testing and I did it through my physician. Soooooooo, yeah... And if your underage, they not only have the right/ability to speak with your parents, but also are obligated to in some circumstances.

6. i heard a drug test adds $300 to the bill. they couldn't make you pay for this so who would pay it?

7. [quote name='"Inforit"']i heard a drug test adds $300 to the bill. they couldn't make you pay for this so who would pay it?[/quote]

Certain level checks cost 300$, such as testing to make sure it came from you, testing to check if it's male or female urine, and certain drugs. The THC test is pretty cheap due to the fact that they aren't testing for the presence of THC, they are testing for the THC metabolites. Most likely, they won't test you unless your on meds that require it or if you have regular drug testing. A physical exam is just a routine health check.

And usually if it's through your physician insurance will cover it, but don't quote me on that because insurance companies coverages are different for every plan and person.

8. if you're caught driving and the po po thinks you been smoking they do the blood test. if you fail you pay the $300. if you pass the city eats it. all of this is second hand info from a reliable source. come to think of it this might not be applicable in the thread :confused_2:

9. [quote name='"Inforit"']

if you're caught driving and the po po thinks you been smoking they do the blood test. if you fail you pay the $300. if you pass the city eats it. all of this is second hand info from a reliable source. come to think of it this might not be applicable in the thread :confused_2:[/quote]

I believe OP was asking about just a routine physicians visit, but yeah, in that case you are correct.