Medical club idea

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by phil_the_geologist, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Hey crew, got a question for you all and don't know the best place to post it so here works.

I'm thinking of starting a medical cannabis club for my area and was wondering what you guys think? Here is the frame work I was thinking.

Rule 1)

Must be a lienced medical user over there age of 18. If under 18 your parents or guardians have to attend for you.

Rule 2)

We keep everything private, treat it like AA, 1st names and just a nod on the streets.

Rule 3)

No dealing no trading.

Rule 4)

No grow location talk.

The idea of the club is to gather like minded people once a month at a vape lounge to discuss growing tips, medical uses, application styles, Lienced Producer's,Strains,Guest speakers, swap seeds, loan gear like trimmers maybe?

Do you see any reason why this is a bad idea or any rules I should add?

My plan is to talk to the head shops, grow shops and vape lounge owners to see if they will put up a flyer, see if I can get one of the gurus of green around here to come on board.

It would all be legal and on the up and up. I don't see it as a bad thing, what do you all say?

And Mods, if this is a violation I'm sorry. I will remove or amend anything or the entire thread.

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1387325/

• Like Like x 2
  2. sounds like it could be a good idea

• Like Like x 1
  3. Amazing idea. I wish we are in same area but I doubt it as medical jus passed here :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. I'd up the age limit to 21 just to stay within the confines of the new smoking laws. And not to disparage all 18 yo's because there are quite a few good ones out there some just haven't grown up enough yet to make good decisions on a consistent basis. Maybe a vetting process or sponsorship by trusted members would allow for younger members.

Trading should be allowed in fact that would probably be the main draw. I'm not a medical patient so I don't know if that falls within the legality of it all but if you plan to swap seeds the end product couldn't be much different?

Absolutely nobody but the one tending the crop should know where it is. The temptation to divulge will always be there and from experience I know that bad to really bad things can happen when certain people get a hold of that info.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I agree on the age point you make. Personally feel like 25 is a good age as the mind is set in its physical structure. However I think 18 for joining is fair. My wife has a friend who's kid has server ellipsis and they use it to help. That kid is 10-12 (don't know the exact age), autistic and other handy caps. If there was a 18 year old in that boat who am I to say no if a Dr has said yes. 18 is an adult so they should be able to chose for themselves. I might not agree with their choice but its theirs to make.

Maybe vetting is a good idea, no idea how it would go without getting into people's personal business. I will have to think about it.

I agree with the trading being a big draw and I'm all for it, just not officially as a club. As a medical grower you can not give it away. It is only for you, all extra is to be destroyed. That is the reason for the official no trading rule.

With that said as soon as the meeting breaks up who knows if you got your O back or another... It's confusing lol.

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1387325/

• Like Like x 1