Medical card in CO with out-of-state ID

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hbomb1804, Jul 16, 2015.

1. If I'm out of state can i got to a doc in CO and get a card for my symptoms or do I have to be instate? If i have to be instate, my fam has a house there but the utility bill is under my parents names, is there something i can do for that? I don't know if it matters but 18M

2. you'll need a CO ID also.

3. #3 jay719, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2015
    What he said ^
    Once upon a time you could get one with an out of state id if you had proof of residency but they changed it and now you have to posses a Co ID, I guess we had people coming from out of state just to get a card and smuggle it back home out of state. You know, not that anyone would lie to get a medical card and take advantage of the system for financial gain.

4. Won't work. Filed with proof of employment and residency ie cable bill denied. They are pretty strict especially since it's legal don't bother.

5. Why do you need a medical card for Colorado? Are there benefits of recreational stores vs medical dispensaries?

6. Price maybe ?

7. Is medical cheaper?

8. #8 jay719, Jul 16, 2015
    About half of what rec cost, even though its the same people growing the same weed. Some stores have started giving discounts at rec locations if you have a CO liscense. Generally though its around $55 per 1/8th with tax and I get 1/8th of medical for $21 tax included.

Rec is also limited to one ounce for purchase and possession for residents and 1/4 purchase and 1oz possession for non residents. Medical can purchase and posses 2oz.

Here is one example. These people own several rec and med stores to compare prices. In some cases (pueblo west rec and pueblo west medical) the two are in the same building you just walk to a different counter and pay a hell of a lot more.
    http://maggiesfarmmarijuana.com/menu/

9. Does Colorado accept out of state medical cards or is it just same state?

10. #10 jay719, Jul 16, 2015
    I believe it is same state only in terms of purchasing from a medical dispensary. If they do any kind of reciprocity I would think it would be limited to possession only, which your allowed to posses an ounce anyway if over 21. I know that any medical only dispensary I have been to required both your medical card and Colorado Id before you even walk in to the sales area.

Edit: Found this:

At this time Montana, Rhode Island, Arizona, Delaware, Michigan and Maine offer some type of reciprocity for Colorado medical marijuana patients, although it may be significantly limited to certain terms and conditions. Nevada is in the process of implementing new regulations that will eventually recognize reciprocity for Colorado patients, and Oregon allows out-of-state patients to register with their Medical Marijuana Program. Each state has different laws and the rules and regulations are constantly changing, so it is best to consult with an official from the appropriate department and read the laws of the state to understand what it is allowed before growing, using or possessing medical cannabis. Colorado does not currently offer reciprocity to any other states' medical marijuana license.

11. #11 123burnthattree, Jul 16, 2015
    [quote name="jay719" post="21847238" timestamp="1437023752"]I believe it is same state only in terms of purchasing from a medical dispensary. If they do any kind of reciprocity I would think it would be limited to possession only, which your allowed to posses an ounce anyway if over 21. I know that any medical only dispensary I have been to required both your medical card and Colorado Id before you even walk in to the sales area.

Edit: Found this:

At this time Montana, Rhode Island, Arizona, Delaware, Michigan and Maine offer some type of reciprocity for Colorado medical marijuana patients, although it may be significantly limited to certain terms and conditions. Nevada is in the process of implementing new regulations that will eventually recognize reciprocity for Colorado patients, and Oregon allows out-of-state patients to register with their Medical Marijuana Program. Each state has different laws and the rules and regulations are constantly changing, so it is best to consult with an official from the appropriate department and read the laws of the state to understand what it is allowed before growing, using or possessing medical cannabis. <strong class='bbc'>Colorado does not currently offer reciprocity to any other states' medical marijuana license.</strong><strong class='bbc'></strong>

Good to know. Nevada needs to get their act together though. The actual dispensary was expected early summer and has kept getting pushed back due to new regulations being implemented as they get close to opening each time. All the billboards the dispensary put around the city just say "coming soon."

Edit: I seem to have deleted some part of the end quotations.

12. Yea, Ive heard of several states that passed medical marijuana but the laws are written so poorly that there is no real access. That is one fortunate thing about the laws here. While its not perfect we have one of the better medical systems in the country right now. Top it off with the fact that both our medical law and our recreational law expressly permit home grows and we are really pretty well off compared to many other locations.