Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical card for schizophrenia

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 420everysecond, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 420everysecond, May 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2012
    Hey Blades. Does anyone know if you can get a mmj card for having schizophrenia? (If you have been diagnosed) I am currently suffering from some symptoms, which doesn't mean I have schizophrenia, but it is possible. I feel like a pure indica would be the best option since sativas are more of a mind high.
    Thanks for any help! :smoke:

I'm not trolling either. I am getting concerned because this really came on last night.

EDIT: I think the scihzophrenic symptoms (hearing voices that arent mine) could have been brought on after I smoked a hybrid strain from a waterfall bong. I got so high, I was panting, so maybe the sativa of the hybrid brought that on. Any thoughts about this?

2. i'm pretty sure no as a lot of research suggests that marijuana can make it worse, and bring it out in people already prone to it

3. is that proven?

4. no. nothing is. thats a long standing belief tho. he's in california he's better off just saying he has trouble sleeping

5. I would say definitely not.

I am NOT an expert by ANY means, so don't be mad at me if I am wrong, but I believe marijuana brings out schizophrenia in those already predisposed to it. Meaning if you are going to get it, weed speeds up the process of revealing it to you. Or some shit like that, I am sure someone can explain that better.

6. I have some pretty bad ADD so I could easily get it for that since I was diagnosed and pills weren't my thing.

7. If you think there's a chance you could be schizophrenic you should probably stop smoking...at least until you find out for sure. Cannabis use can bring out schizophrenia in those who have a disposition to it. Have some tests run and find out about your family history and if schizophrenia is part of it.

8. [quote name='"jeffadamski93"']If you think there's a chance you could be schizophrenic you should probably stop smoking...at least until you find out for sure. Cannabis use can bring out schizophrenia in those who have a disposition to it. Have some tests run and find out about your family history and if schizophrenia is part of it.[/quote]

This.. be careful homie, seriously.

9. Altering your state of mind by smoking cannabis can probably have some negative effects if you are schizophrenic. Note i said "probably," I am not an expert and do not claim to be.

10. Please review the "Do You Qualify" Sticky thread located in the medical marijuana forums

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.