Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Card for PTSD

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Tanoma, Aug 25, 2012.

1. I am 18 and live in CT. Just about a month ago I had an incident where I had almost lost a couple fingers, and every now and then I have flashbacks back to when it happens and the feeling comes back usually at least once a day to every other day, and it does keep me up most of the times at night as well.
    Also to add to all this, when I was just 3-4 years old in day care, I had a sister that was younger than me that had died from SIDS and I had watched her die in my parents arms, and again I have reoccurring flashbacks of that night.
    If I explain all this to my doctor, would I qualify for the card?

2. What state do you live in?

Read your state laws about MMJ qualification.

3. Connecticut and okay thank you, Ill try and do some research and try to find some things out.

4. Connecticut becomes the 17th medical marijuana state!

After years of effort, Connecticut is now the newest medical marijuana state! On May 31, Gov. Dannel Malloy made it official, signing HB 5389 into law. The Connecticut House of Representatives voted 96-51 to approve An Act Concerning the Palliative Use of Marijuana on April 25, and the Senate followed suit in a 21-13 vote on May 6.

HB 5389 will allow state-registered patients or their caregivers to obtain marijuana from dispensaries, which in turn would obtain marijuana from licensed producers. Only pharmacists could apply on behalf of dispensaries. HB 5389’s qualifying medical conditions are cancer, glaucoma, HIV, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injuries causing spasticity, epilepsy, wasting, Crohn’s disease, and PTSD. The Department of Consumer Protection could add additional medical conditions.

5. The doctor I saw for medical marijuana for PTSD spent 90 minutes asking me questions. It was more through than any doctor appointment I had ever had prior. What doctors use as a guide for their questions about your PTSD is called "309.81 DSM-IV Criteria for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder" they are working on "DSM-V which will replace the the above when it is available.