Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical cannibus county laws

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by rastaballer209, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Where can I find the laws for mmj.ive searched google and all I keep finding are the limits to witch I can grow. I'd jus like to know what the do's and don'ts of being a card holder. For example if I'm pulled over with my friends who arnt cardholders and one of them had pot would I get my card taken away if the cop finds it?

2. Have you tried norml, or your own states .gov website?

I agree, the information can be troublesome to find, but it should be out there. :)

To start you off, and keep in mind this is without knowing where you're from...

Often times, if the cop isn't particularly kind, tolerant, or understanding, you can get in trouble all alone in your vehicle, with no passengers, if your cannabis is not being kept in your trunk and out of reach, usually it's similar to your local liquor laws (no open containers, transport from the shop in the trunk or as far away from the driver as physically possible).
    In the case of pick-up trucks you're safest, legally, by keeping your meds in a lock-box inside the cab, and as far from reach of the drivers seat as possible... but if you're driving around a car full of people, who are not patients, and you get caught with cannabis in the car whether it's A) on your person, B) on theirs, or C) stored anywhere that it shouldn't be, while operating the vehicle, it doesn't bode well for you.

You may or may not have your referral rights or card taken, but it can potentially prevent you from being given access to other prescription pain killers, or other known 'party' pharmaceuticals in the future, even if you desperately need them, and you could easily end up with a criminal record and other legal repercussions from the incident.

3. I have checked both and they don't give much info but what you jus said helps more then anything I've found on the net.i live in Cali btw.are there any other things I'm not so posed to do?

4. I am from Cali an it's called prop 215. Just google that an it will bring it up or check the normal websit for your state an it will have each county an there own laws. It's all by county an what they approve. In Cali there are some county that don't even recognize mmj.

5. Have fun OP-officials here in Northern Cali are smoking Something! Can't make heads nor tails of which end is up with these flimsy laws.
    Dispensarys open 1 minute, raided the next.
    Sigh, home of the free.
    I don't Feel very free!!

6. Good thing weed is infinite and cheap, therefore the dispensaries won't stop :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::devious::devious::devious:;):smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::confused::eek::eek::D:D:D

7. Cheap!
    Where the heck are you?

8. This may be true in practice, but it is definitely not legal.

Prop 215 and SB 420 are state laws and apply to all individuals in all counties in California equally. Law enforcement in different communities may take different approaches in how they treat qualified patients (i.e. arrests), but when it comes to prosecution there is no difference in the law anywhere in the state.

9. [quote name='"ocsurfer"']

This may be true in practice, but it is definitely not legal.

Prop 215 and SB 420 are state laws and apply to all individuals in all counties in California equally. Law enforcement in different communities may take different approaches in how they treat qualified patients (i.e. arrests), but when it comes to prosecution there is no difference in the law anywhere in the state.[/quote]

Your right I said that wrong u are recognized as a patient but they don't want pot in there county. I meant like the city can vote it down an not allow coops. Like here in Chico where i I've the city banned them an knocked our grow limits down. 50 total sq ft. An that Is for outdoor. In solano county they don't allow growing at all

10. Hey Danko-as a patient in Solano County, we can grow up to our limit...6 or 3 mature plants. Or what our Dr recommends.
    Where did you hear that there is a no grow in Solano?

11. [quote name='"debbiedoes"']Hey Danko-as a patient in Solano County, we can grow up to our limit...6 or 3 mature plants. Or what our Dr recommends.
    Where did you hear that there is a no grow in Solano?[/quote]

It was a few years back it might have changed but when I first got mine they said it was a no
    Go. I went on the ca normal website an it showed solano as not allowing any growing but I am sure it's different now.

12. Just 5 posts down is where it's written, county by county!