Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Cannabis

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by scg67, Jan 30, 2014.

1. I'm just wondering if anyone ever for see's the price of getting medical marijuana going down, I just filed for my card yesterday and I was looking at the dispensaries prices and omg it's 328$ for a oz of top shelf stuff. 

2. Not as long as people are paying it they won't.  Grow your own - you'll save tens of thousands of dollars over your lifetime.

3. I would, but you aren't aloud to grow within 25 miles of a dispensary

that sounds weird.

5. How is it weird you can't in any state that weed is still illegal but has dispensaries 

6. What state? That really sucks thats basically what the legalization is going to do to the medical industry in WA if the latest amendment passes.

7. You should try to find someone to be your caregiver.

8. sill live too close to grow, and I'm not that sick I need a care giver

9. [quote name="scg67" post="19434981" timestamp="1391095300"]I'm just wondering if anyone ever for see's the price of getting medical marijuana going down, I just filed for my card yesterday and I was looking at the dispensaries prices and omg it's 328$ for a oz of top shelf stuff. [/quote]Umm, that's still pretty damn expensive for an ounce.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. The price will go down as more cannabis gets grown and sold and more sellers compete. As more people grow and more cannabis floods the market, sellers will have to lower prices to undercut competition. 

If your state has a relatively new medical marijuana market, it likely has little competition and a small base of growers, so they can set high prices and the buyers have no recourse.

All you can do is hope more laws pass making it easier for people to grow and sell, or grow your own and sell it at a price you find reasonable.

there is no rule here that says I can't grow because I live too close to a dispensary.  I'd never heard of such a thing before and it still sounds dumb.

I'm tooo old.  I still remember $10/Oz. & think $25/Oz. is a ripoff.

13. If you can not grow yourself I guess like everyone else you pay if you want it. I'm in a non medical state and really good bag weed can go for 400 plus! So in between grows I pay what I have to. If you think of it that way to me that is really cheap. Plus you can be ahead of the game just knowing what you are getting when you buy it. Sent from my iPad using Grasscity ForumJUhh

14. on the street i buy an oz for 60 if you can get it for 10 you must be getting swag

15. #15 Honokiol, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014

no $10/oz was in the early 1970's everywhere.  $25/Oz. was 1977 in So. Cal. when buds first became popular right after I got home from Japan.  The price didn't go nuts until that prick Regan declared war on drugs, good riddance to him the SOB and Nancy too.  I'll piss on his grave first chance I get.  Price jumped to $125 and quickly went to $250/Oz. from there.  Once money came into it so did the guns and the gangs.  Regan made the drug cartels what they are today if you don't know who to thank when your paying $400 for what ever strain your being gouged for.

I get swag for free still in 2 to 4 Gal. buckets from patients who don't want to "F" with it on a "here you get rid of it" basis.  I use it to make Kif & Hash Oil.

16. [quote name="Honokiol" post="19444149" timestamp="1391215670"]I'm tooo old. I still remember $10/Oz. & think $25/Oz. is a ripoff.[/quote]Taking inflation into account, how much would that be today?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. The states which have legalized marijuana for medical use have implemented standards for whether and how much marijuana an individual is allowed to grow or possess. Things are a bit more complicated for dispensaries.

18. #18 Honokiol, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014

In 1973 Gas was around $0.33/Gal.  Now it is about $3.30  Add a 0 and the inflation adjusted price should be around $100/Oz. +/-

19. If it wasn't for the fact that I can grow legally now, I would trade everything the weed industry has become for the simple days of the 70's again. 

20. [quote name="Honokiol" post="19467689" timestamp="1391574101"]In 1973 Gas was around $0.33/Gal. Now it is about $3.30 Add a 0 and the inflation adjusted price should be around $100/Oz. +/-[/quote]That's a damn good price man, but many dispensaries now have good quality cannabis for that price, so thank god for that. :DSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum