Medical cannabis formulations are 100 percent effective in killing breast cancer (HER2+) cells.

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by An4h0ny, May 21, 2021.

1. Jamaican women are likely first in line to benefit from new discoveries in London that found medical cannabis formulations are 100 per cent effective in killing breast cancer (HER2+) cells. The long sought after cure for breast cancer could come from a combination of medical cannabis formulations developed by Apollon Jamaica and medicinal mushroom formulations developed by AI Pharmaceuticals Jamaica.

Marijuana News Today - May 21, 2021

Stephen D. Barnhill, M.D., CEO of Apollon, commented, "Cannabinoids have been seen to exert 'antitumor' effects by a number of different means, including killing cancer cells directly as well as inhibiting transformed cell growth and tumor metastasis. Apollon Jamaica, using results from its proprietary artificial intelligence based analysis on strain genetics, has cultivated and processed certain of its proprietary medical cannabis products with cancer treatment expressly in mind. We are excited that our formulations have been validated via independent laboratory testing to kill HER2+ breast cancer cells in 3D cell culture through direct cytotoxicity."

Combined Apollon and Aion Formulations Kill Breast Cancer Cells Through Multiple Pathways

• Like Like x 1
  2. Endocannabinoid system is our cancer defense system in our cells ... the metabolism of cannabis activates/ down regulates the endocannabinoid system

3. That is just so fascinating.

The use of cannabinoids as anticancer agents - ScienceDirect

It is well-established that cannabinoids exert palliative effects on some cancer-associated symptoms. In addition evidences obtained during the last fifteen years support that these compounds can reduce tumor growth in animal models of cancer. Cannabinoids have been shown to activate an ER-stress related pathway that leads to the stimulation of autophagy-mediated cancer cell death. In addition, cannabinoids inhibit tumor angiogenesis and decrease cancer cell migration. The mechanisms of resistance to cannabinoid anticancer action as well as the possible strategies to develop cannabinoid-based combinational therapies to fight cancer have also started to be explored. In this review we will summarize these observations (that have already helped to set the bases for the development of the first clinical studies to investigate the potential clinical benefit of using cannabinoids in anticancer therapies) and will discuss the possible future avenues of research in this area.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paul stamets talks about mushrooms reducing tumors if i remember correctly. Seems a worthy combo to explore more from my limited knowledge

5. Holy crap... I JUST watched two of his segments on JRE and can't believe I never heard of him. I think I heard his name before when reading something about Terence McKenna once, but never knew who he was.
    He was speaking on a lot of stuff, including some anti-viral properties, etc... He is a super interesting person.
    Mushrooms are freaking amazing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. That may have been a place he talked about his mom and reducing her cancer tumors using mushrooms. Or the ted talk one, ive seen to many to remember now .

7. Thx. I will go fall down a hole on Youtube tonight and check it out.

8. missed your post completely !
    phytocannabinoidsas non selective metabolites safely metabolize into cb receptors based on need in the cell ... we have predicted that each cell that's part of metabolically active tissues signals around 15,000 biochemicals a second per cell ! these are second messenger cannabinoids . each Depolarized cannabinoid touches interior of cell 7 times before finalizing that signal .
    so, 70 trillion cell each expressing 15k cannabinoid a second per cell is our ECS in action
    G protein-coupled receptors
    7 trans membrane super family of Receptors
    metabolism of the endocannabinoid Anandamide- open questions after 25 years
    that is a great one to read

• Like Like x 1
  9. I don't see any so called legitimate sites carrying this story.

10. @SugarPistils That surprises you? Favorable cannabis studies are often "swept under the rug"! How many of you saw this? (Note how long it took for the study to reach you via the news. :coolalt:)

Pot compound seen as tool against cancer (news – 2012) Pot compound seen as tool against cancer

“When McAllister and Desprez exposed the (“triple negative” breast cancer) cells to cannabidiol in a petri dish, the cells not only stopped acting "crazy" but they also started to revert to a normal state… The researchers stressed cannabidiol works only on cancer cells that have these high levels of ID-1 and these do not include all cancerous tumors but, rather, aggressive, metastatic cells. But they've found such high levels in leukemia, colorectal, pancreatic, lung, ovarian, brain and other cancers.”

Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells. (full - 2007) Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells

“CBD represents the first nontoxic exogenous agent that can significantly decrease Id-1 expression in metastatic breast cancer cells leading to the down-regulation of tumor aggressiveness.”

Women have about a 1 chance in 8 of developing breast cancer- men have a much lower risk, but they do get breast cancer, too. Also, prostate cancers act a lot like breast cancers and often respond to treatments in a similar fashion, as this Spanish study notes.

Phyto-, endo- and synthetic cannabinoids: promising chemotherapeutic agents in the treatment of breast and prostate carcinomas. (Spain) (download – 2016) wildherbllc.com/Research_Papers/CBD_Breast-ProstateCancer.pdf

"To get the info flowing and your minds growing" (to quote a teacher I once knew), there's a section of recent studies on "CANCER- BREAST" that I have in my current List -New January 2021 Granny's List

And here's a few more "hot off the press"-

Induced Fit Docking and Automated QSAR Studies Reveal the ER-α Inhibitory Activity of Cannabis sativa in Breast Cancer. (Nigeria) (abst – 2021) Induced Fit Docking and Automated QSAR Studies Reveal the ER-α Inhibitory Activity of Cannabis sativa in Breast Cancer - PubMed

Anticancer potential of small molecule inhibitors of fatty acid amide hydrolase and monoacylglycerol lipase - A mini-review. (India) (abst – 2021) Anticancer Potential of Small-Molecule Inhibitors of Fatty Acid Amide Hydrolase and Monoacylglycerol Lipase - PubMed
    ^ I found this to be interesting- FAAH and MAGL are compounds that break down your body's endocannabinoids. Blocking FAAH and MAGL increases the amount of endocannabinoids, mostly Anandamide and 2-AG, that are bouncing around in your body. The extra endocannabinoids fight cancer, reduce pain and more. However, there is a LOT more work to be done before we start trying this on humans!

The Molecular targets of Cannabinoids in the treatment of Cancer and Inflammation. (Iran) (abst – 2021) The Molecular targets of Cannabinoids in the treatment of Cancer and Inflammation - PubMed

Unveiling the mechanism of action behind the anti-cancer properties of cannabinoids in ER + breast cancer cells: Impact on aromatase and steroid receptors. (Portugal) (abst – 2021) Unveiling the mechanism of action behind the anti-cancer properties of cannabinoids in ER+ breast cancer cells: Impact on aromatase and steroid receptors - ScienceDirect

I hope this gives all of you more stuff to discuss! :biggrin:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. try and go up against the Cancer dot org LOL... they do not want us to know how plants can cure things ... more research means no results just looking

• Like Like x 1
  12. Awesome info! Thank you.

Mind = blown

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Our oncology nurse advocate told us cancer is a business. Every time we go to the hospital and the more I learn, the more it reinforces that idea.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The cannabinoid receptors tell your white blood cells what to attack is that correct? Vaporizers are a must then because smoking herb has twice the amount of carcinogens than that of nicotine. However smoking 20 cigarettes in a day is much more likely than 20 joints a day. Haha

• Like Like x 1