Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Cannabis for Schizophrenia/Schizoaffective

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Techno mechanical fox, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Hi everyone,

I personally have used high CBD cannabis for treating my symptoms of Schizoaffective disorder. (Which is a bit like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder combined.)

I read in the article below about it, but was not able to pick up any dosage information about what they used in the study.

I am wondering if you, the reader, knows anyone who is treating their schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder auditory hallucinations with high CBD cannabis, and what strains they use. Or whether they have had any luck getting a medical marijuana card where they live. (I was unable to get one in BC because my psychiatrist described CBD as 'inappropriate' for schizoaffective disorder.) Or just any advice or thoughts.

Personally, I actually had a lot of luck with harlequin. Made me question the voices "upstairs". ACDC really helped as well.

Marijuana Compound May Beat Antipsychotics at Treating Schizophrenia | Psych Central News

2. Hello,
    I was interested in a similar train of thought, so I was interested when I came across this post. I used an university journal search and I believe I found the article: Cannabidiol enhances anandamide signaling and alleviates psychotic symptoms of schizophrenia. You might be able to find it on google scholar. I would attach it, but I don't want to break copyright laws. They were given 200 mg, 4 times per day (so 800 mg total). These were people who were being actively hospitalized for psychosis, so it might not be the same for someone trying to prevent symptoms.

Here is the abstract:
    Cannabidiol is a component of marijuana that does not activate cannabinoid receptors, but moderately inhibits the degradation of the endocannabinoid anandamide. We previously reported that an elevation of anandamide levels in cerebrospinal fluid inversely correlated to psychotic symptoms. Furthermore, enhanced anandamide signaling let to a lower transition rate from initial prodromal states into frank psychosis as well as postponed transition. In our translational approach, we performed a double-blind, randomized clinical trial of cannabidiol vs amisulpride, a potent antipsychotic, in acute schizophrenia to evaluate the clinical relevance of our initial findings. Either treatment was safe and led to significant clinical improvement, but cannabidiol displayed a markedly superior sideeffect profile. Moreover, cannabidiol treatment was accompanied by a significant increase in serum anandamide levels, which was significantly associated with clinical improvement. The results suggest that inhibition of anandamide deactivation may contribute to the antipsychotic effects of cannabidiol potentially representing a completely new mechanism in the treatment of schizophrenia

3. Hello can somebody please tell me how I can create my own topic

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. On a windows PC, go to the topic page that you want to post in. Then, from that page, press Ctrl + F. A box will pop-up in on the edge of your browser window. In that box, type post new thread and press enter. It will highlight the first instance on that page where you can click to post. If that does not take you where you want, put your curse in the box and press enter again.
    Hope this helps!