Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical and life insurance

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by fl00d22, Aug 29, 2008.

1. I've heard that someone with a medical marijuana license has a reaally hard time obtaining life insurance. I think it's bullshit but can someone invalidate this with proof?

Also I'm wondering if there are any other conditions like this that'll screw with important things in life. Thanks.

2. i can invalidate it by simply saying your insurance carriers do not know you are a medical marijuana patient.. there is something called patient/doctor confidentiality ;)

3. Though I don't know for sure, I would have to disagree with b14z3d. When filling out life insurance policies you have to list medications you are taking, conditions you have etc. Medication includes marijuana if it's prescribed, and failure to state it could be considered insurance fraud. I figure if they don't ask, don't tell. If they do ask, don't tell too lol, because you know if they ask, they'll fuck you over somehow with that knowledge.

4. Thats some bad advice from the person above me...insurance fraud is taken very seriously. If they do ask, you HAVE to tell them. You may end up paying a few more bucks a month, but in the event of your death your insurance company will definitely find out about your MMJ and give NOTHING to your family because of your fraud.

5. so it won't totally disqualify you? and what other "things" are there, like insurance, that are in risk w/ MMJ?