Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medibles for anxiety/depression

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by medatitus, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Whats up guys!

So I use MMJ to aid with my management of depression and anxiety, luckily therapy is helping greatly aswell.

So I had an edible the other night and wanted to share my experience with it.

So normally when I go to smoke a bowl I'm able to put myself in a good and positive state of mind and I smoke and it carries, but last night I had an edible and ended up slipping back into a normal state of mind by the time it hit my intestines, normal for me is very angry and sad. So this high ended up being horribly angry and self conscious and miserable honestly, being sober feels amazing now.

Anybody else have a similar experience?

2. cannabis can amplify what you are feeling and make it seem more intense, it can move you to a different perspective but you still need to be willing to experience a different perspective. could be strain as well, I've tried a few strains that made my whole body hurt from the force of the strain

3. interesting perspective!

4. I'm sorry that made you feel so bad.
    If you are normally fine smoking, I think it was most likely the edible and/or strain used to make it. I'm always really careful with those because I can't control them, it's really difficult to know exactly how strong they are.

I struggle with OCD, anxiety, depression, ADHD, pain, extreme stress, and a few more things. I find that smoking usually really helps, I just watch how much I smoke. Most things I roll are tiny and I take breaks before packing a second bowl.

I'm glad being sober now is making you feel amazing. If you start to feel not so great anymore and weed has helped you in the past, I suggest not dismissing it completely because of this bad experience. If you smoke again, it'd probably be best to really take it slow and monitor how you are feeling.

Also, I can't help myself, I have to also suggest art, hahah. Creating art saved me, I love it. I encourage everyone to try it. You don't have to "know how to" or be "good" - messy can be beautiful, especially after you've smoked!
    I mostly stick with abstract drawing, I usually start with a squiggle and add details from there. I also do other types of art. I haven't painted in a while, but watercolors have really helped me in the past, you can use the colors & force of the brush to let out emotions.
    Another thing that helps me is to write something and transform it into something else. If I figure out how to attach a photo here, I'll do that in a bit.

5. Haha cool to hear about the art man!

Yea I haven't dismissed ganja at all, in fact I'm insanely interested in it and intrigued.

I smoke a few times a week, usually by myself and I see it as a means of wellness and happiness. 

Thanks for your input.

6. #6 meisabelep, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
    I'm not completely sure how to correct that.. "Lady" or "Ma'am" is way too old for me... how about just meisabelep or bel?

I took a risk by creating an album, I hope people only share the drawings for good reasons and don't claim credit. And maybe say they got the idea from meisabelep, the hopeful future artist with the initials NLP -- Someday I'll reveal myself publicly as meisabelep.

Anyway, this was rushed, I drew for about 20 minutes. I was actually angry so it helped me. With feelings like anger, I really just let it all out, make it messy, and try to transform it into something beautiful. After I've let a lot of the anger out, I usually go back and make the edges more smooth, that usually helps me feel more calm and in control.

First is a series of photos showing the step-by-step transformation, then just the first & last. They're phone photos & I had to edit them, then took a screenshot, so the quality isn't great.

View attachment 146566

View attachment 146567

7. Hey bro im a daily smoker. Probly a year back I had a bag. Wasent sure the strain or anything anyhow it would put me in a bad place. Like horrible, thoughts of suicide and just flat out depressed. I suffer from depression as well and it was just over the top. I was ready to give it up for good. I think I gave he rest away and next time had some good shit again and things were good. Try and identify what you are getting and make a personal log. That way if you come across it again stay away from it.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1335301-Stanky's-perpetual-garden

8. Two more, this time with Sharpie. This one took about 16 minutes (10 were more recent & I'm feeling very controlled by my OCD)

Again, I hope people only share the drawings for good reasons and don't claim credit. And maybe say they got the idea from meisabelep, the hopeful future artist with the initials NLP -- Someday I'll reveal myself publicly as meisabelep.

View attachment 146570

View attachment 146571

9. If you can't know for sure how much/what's in your edible, it's really hard to experiment. I like a lot of edibles, bought and homemade, for my depression and anxiety. There's no way edibles are an option for me without that info. 

yea art :)