Media Scrambles as Bin Laden Story Crumbles

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, May 8, 2011.

1. We'll see. The Hard Hat Pledge members are not "crazies", they lost relatives, friends and co-workers on 9/11.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ChbxR9RUyM]YouTube - Sacrificed Survivors Trailer[/ame]

2. Clearly, anyone who lost relatives, friends and co-workers on 9/11 isn't crazy.

3. And you think that you're qualified to say that they are?

4. #104 Limecat, May 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
    I'm sorry but to me someone holding a sign that reads:

A Mosque At Ground Zero SPITS on the GRAVES of 9/11 VICTIMS Stand Up America!

Would be classified as "crazy". I'd also like to add ignorant and closed minded as well.

I highly doubt any of them have ever been to a predominantly Muslim Country or even into a Mosque. I have, and guess what - the people were nice, friendly, respectful, courteous and I genuinely felt welcomed and liked. The worst part was that it smelled like feet but that's to be expected with a large amount of people with no shoes on. LOL

The Westboro Baptist Church doesn't represent all Baptists or all Christians as a whole nor do the 9/11 hijackers represent all Muslims or all Islamists as a whole. ;)

Correlation does not imply causation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

5. I'm not a Christian, but I'd like to ask you how many Christian Churches are in these Muslim countries that you visited? They're banned in many Muslim nations, but New York City already has over 140 mosques, and many more throughout the rest of the country. They are only being asked to not build this new mosque, in fact the largest in NYC, over the ashes of the victims at Ground Zero.

Now who are the intolerant ones, again?

6. I have friends who lost family members in the 9/11 attacks. That doesn't make me more or less qualified to do anything. Simply knowing people who died on 9/11 doesn't make you not crazy. Knowing people who died on 9/11 doesn't put you on some high ground.

7. This thread bores me. That being said, it doesn't matter where they build their silly mosque. Construction companies WILL build it. If they don't, it'll probably mean they are afraid of those crazy ass protestors screaming at them lol. Someone just posted the words to one of their signs that said something like, "Putting this mosque here is like them spitting on our graves!"

Past is past yo. It's high time we move forward.

8. You don't know the situation in New York City. Many of your "crazy ass protestors" will be the wives, fathers, brothers, husbands, and daughters of 9/11 victims, along with members of the Hard Hat Pledge (construction workers who have vowed not to work on the GZM), and others who feel strongly about this. As they said in the video that I placed a few posts back, the bulldozers will have to run over people, who will lie in their paths, before they'll ever get to work on that site - and you can take that to the bank.

9. I'm not religious per se either, I do love all people equally though. ;)

There are hundreds of Christian churches in countries where the dominant religion is almost 100% Islam.

I'd say by the definition of intolerant, those in your video would fit the bill.

I'm anti organized religion for the same reason I am anti big government. I don't put my faith in any omniscient being, human or un-human, and I especially don't put any faith in some collective group. I don't like other humans trying to control other humans rather than just letting spontaneous order occur.

These people aren't forcing their views on anyone so you and I shouldn't force our views on them. Talk about intolerant... If they had something to do with the 9/11 attacks your argument might hold water as these people would be criminals. As it stands now you are grouping all Muslims into the same category which is a dangerous and slippery slope my friend. There is a reason we have the Bill of Rights, property rights, freedom of association, etc.

Freedom of assembly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

First Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't tread on them, and don't tread on me.

10. There's not a single Church in Saudi Arabia, yet we have over 1400 mosques in the United States, with more being built every day.

11. So you're saying we should be more like them? :confused:

12. Saudi Arabia are best friends with Uncle Sam...

They supplied nearly all the attackers for 9/11...
    They are really feeling the Islam vibe big time and even dress up in robes and tents...

But yet Uncle Sam starts training Saudi pilots and arms the royal family of Saudi to the teeth ?

Come on now garrison does that not tell you something ?

13. well..

that's why the US is the greatest country in the world.. because we are tolerant and we have freedoms of religion.

wackos can't decide where people can and can't worship.. they should move to pakistan or something if they want a one religion country.

14. #114 Norma Stits, May 12, 2011
    Last edited: May 12, 2011
    yeah.. that's what happens in a free country..

isn't that why we go out bombing all these other countries.. so we can keep our freedoms?

15. Bin laden's greatest demand was that we pull out of the Middle East. But, at the same time, he knew that they needed products and resources from us, and said that is was the job of the Muslims to learn how to be self sufficient so that they would eventually not need us at all.

If we wanted fuck them up really bad, and protect our interests at the same time, we could have left the Middle East, cut off all their foreign aid, boycotted their oil (boycotts by our government are illegal BTW), forbid immigration of Muslims, sent no more medical or other health supplies to them, etc., By doing this, we would have broken all kinds of trade agreements and international laws, been sanctioned and villified by the United Nations, individual governments, religions and the EU, and been hated throughout the world far worse than we ever were.

Not a bad idea, though. :wave:

16. Sounds like the Founding Fathers would have agreed with Osama bin Laden. And they certainly would not approve of all the entangling alliances with various puppet governments in the middle east.

Non-interventionism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Largest arms deal in US history? That belongs to Barack "Neocon" Obama with Saudi Arabia.

On a personal note, garrison68 - what are your thoughts on Barack Obama and George W. Bush? Are they both "great" in your opinion? :confused:

17. they're the same douche bag in the same suit with the same sycophantic smile.... one has a better tan is all.

18. As a very amateur Revolutionary War buff, I doubt that the Founding Fathers would have had anything good to say about bin laden, who was a religous nut, or any other terrorist that attacks innocent civilians.

Bush and Obama are both sleazy politicians with huge egos, which is necessary to get to the White House. Bush was OK in the beginning, but not great. I think Obama is smarter, doing OK and gets very high marks for killing bin laden. He may go down as "great", depending on how well he does for the rest of his term(s).

I would rather have just cut off the Middle East, as detailed in my previous post, until such a time as they proved themselves worthy of our friendship.

19. We should just pull out of the middle east and play fair, that way they won't hate us.

We can still trade with them, but on mutually beneficial terms.

Is that a bad idea?