Media Scrambles as Bin Laden Story Crumbles

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, May 8, 2011.

1. Pretty silly...they didnt HAVE to change anything....but yet they come out with info. that doesnt have a slant toward Laden being a total shithead in the end (human shield crap, etc)...and still people try to call bullshit.

2. If they wanted to lie, they would have stuck with the first firefight story and shunned whatever else came out of it. At least they are getting the truth out after the adrenaline and hoopla wore down. They should have just withheld information before releasing anything, but that doesn't happen in this day and age. Appreciate you picking that little line (out of context) in my post though. From reading your posts, you sund like someone that thinks everything the gub'mint says is a lie.

3. The obvious difference here being that Bush and his admin tried to suppress the Tillman story and didn't want the truth to get out that he was killed under friendly fire. OTOH, the Obama admin released the revised story as soon as the SEALs were debriefed again. Not hard to see they are trying to get the truth out and not lie about what happened.

4. Even though AugustWest has said multiple times on this forum that he thinks bin Laden is dead. You sound like someone who can't form a sound argument and resorts to misrepresenting other people's positions.

You have no way of proving anyone's intentions. Stop pretending that you know anything more than anyone else about this situation. You only know what you've been told.

5. I could care less if he thinks OBL is dead or alive. From the posts I've read from him, he sounds like one of the many big conspiracy theorists I see on this forum. Should have known since it's a weed forum. And lmao, I can't make a sound argument? You're too good.

That's nice of you to stick up for him.

6. [​IMG]

AugustWest is a big conspiracy theorist, and clearly you've demonstrated your capable of forming sound arguments. Can't imagine how I missed this the first time.

That's nice of you to mock me. I hope I was able to return the favor.

8. #28 Norma Stits, May 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Nah.. they tell the truth about some stuff..
    You sound like someone who believes everything the tv tells them is truth.. am I rite?

I'm shocked to see so many statists on a weed board.. when the tv and govt say weed is harmful, is that the truth too?

Do you smoke weed?

9. #29 Trae713, May 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2011
    Except I have many posts on here discussing how the drug war is a lie, and how Bush lied his way into Iraq. Contrary to what you may believe, it isn't black and white. There are gray areas. The government does not lie about everything. This OBL case being one of them. Do you honestly believe the administration would change the story (trying to get it correct) if they were lying? Seriously? They would have kept it at the firefight if they wanted to "honestly" lie.

As for your edit asking if I smoke weed....seriously? yyou have to hate everything the government says if you smoke weed? I have to believe there is some kind of onspiracy for every damn thing that happens?

10. #30 Norma Stits, May 9, 2011
    Since you have reviewed all my posts, please show me where I said the govt lies about everything.. and where I dispute the fact that Osama is dead. And yeah... Changing your story over and over is usually proof that someone is lying about something. wouldn't you agree? Thats police work 101 dude.. I do think they killed Osama last week... but I think there's much more to the story than they are letting on... Why is that so crazy?
    And exactly.. nothing is black and white... So why would you think this case would be?

11. I wonder if people said that about every other thing they lied about too? I bet there were.................

Just sayin'

Criminals often want/need to get "their stories straight" or the police know or at least SUSPECT they are lying.

BUT no, THIS time - they have to be telling the truth because they told me they are. :rolleyes:

12. #32 Norma Stits, May 9, 2011
    No, I just figured since the gov says that weed is harmful and that its a controlled substance, that you probably don't smoke weed

13. Yes, because that's what I said (it clearly isn't). Show ME where I said you said the government lies about everything. It's crazy because this isn't simple police work. Like most accounts of what happened after military battles/conflicts, the first stories are almost never right. The soldiers have to calm down and be debriefed later on. Changing the story from the more "heroic" gunfight to it being only one person even having a gun looks bad on the White House, wouldn't you agree? You'd think if they were lying, they would have stuck to the more "glamorous" glory. The fact that they cleaned up the story once SEALs reports started coming in more shows me that they aren't lying. Under Bush, we would have only heard of the gunfight and left it at that.

Actually, CSI and homicide investigators will tell you that if two stories are exactly the same when they do the initial reports that its most likely wrong. That's how it always is. Doesn't mean people were lying. Just that the adrenaline was too high and shit was just fuzzy. What the WH should have done is waited until the SEALs were officially debriefed before releasing any details. They wanted to release any kind of information too quick.

Now you're just acting silly and looking at things only in black and white.

14. #35 Norma Stits, May 9, 2011
    You said it right there..
    The fact that they have to "clean up a story" tells me that they aren't telling the whole truth... You don't need to clean up the truth.

Do you think weed is a harmful substance?

15. You're gettin' him but he doesn't get it. [​IMG]

16. Oh my... You're the perfect example of what our propaganda media does to people.

17. Re-read that please. I said you sound like one. All you had to do was say you aren't and I'll take your word for it (not some other poster trying to stick up for you). And again, you don't understand the military debriefing process. If they wanted to lie, they would have stuck to the story that made them look good. Not sure why that is so hard to understand. If they went from one person was firing at them to the first story they told, you may have a point.

As for your constant harping about weed, as if you asking me the same question is going to be some end all be all, no, it isn't harmful. But the US isn't the only government in the world... Weed can be harmful to some people though. It's not for everyone.

Yes, just because I believe the WH is telling the truth about the story. You guys act like the story is going to be correct just a few hours after the mission was complete. Please. It
    doesn't work like that in the military.

You guys seem to believe that in order for someone to smoke weed, I have to believe in these conspiracies. Everything is a conspiracy with you guys it seems. Then on top of that, you attack those who don't believe in all of the conspiracies. The same people that would want a pic of the dead Osama released, but would call it doctored. You can never satisfy the hardcore conspiracy theorists. You have no proof that the WH is lying, but insist they are and question if someone smokes weed because they believe the WH is actually telling the truth, especially considering how military reports are done.

Not everything is a fucking lie.

18. #39 Norma Stits, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
    so the government is lying bout weed?
    Why do you get to choose what they are lying about and what they aren't?

again.. i think he's dead..

i don't think we have the whole story.. when you have to "clean up" a story over and over.. then somewhere there's some bullshit.

i wanna try that if i'm ever arrested..

"yeah judge.. i changed my story 3+ times.. just to clean it up a bit"

i'm sure they'd be cool w/ that.

19. The official location from an unknown source said that Bin Laden is sippin on some syzirp high in the hills of Memphis with 3 6 mafia practicing his pimp slap.

.........I know it sounds unbelieveable but ive heard worst in the past week.