Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medi Card

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Epitimize, May 1, 2013.

1. #1 Epitimize, May 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2013
    So I'm 18 right now and I'm a senior in highschool but I'd like to get my medi card when I graduate. I've heard of multiple different ways to get it and any where from 50-200$ in cost. I've heard u can just walk in from friends, then people saying you need papers from your doctor and all that bs. I'd like to know what the best way to get it is and about how much it will cost. I don't mind paying 50$ but 200 seems a bit excessive. Also I live in Cali if that makes a difference on getting it compared to other states where it is allowed for medical use.

2. When I did it i just showed them a print out of my medical records (even though I didn't need it). I have insomnia which I think is linked with all these amphetamine pills I use to take for my ADHD (13 years) so it was "easy" for him to recommended me MMJ (his words not mine). My advice is just tell them some of 'aliments' you have.

I live in So Cal and I only paid 60. (look around for discounts some places like the one I went to have offers like add them on FB and get a 10 dollar discount etc.

3. Just get your medical records that show you have a qualifying condition and show them to the recommending Doctor...it is that easy in California...no need to lie and make up some bullshit excuse that only harms other states mmj progress.

If you DO NOT have a REAL qualifying condition, don't game the system!

4. You will need-

California ID- Ca driver's license, or Ca ID card (you get them at the DMV) :)

Cash - no sense in paying with a credit card that can leave a paper trail! :eek:

You should have a copy of your medical records- just ask your regular doctor for them. Some "pot docs" do not require medical records, but those tend to be on the shady side! Most reputable doctors insist on your medical records. If your doctor loses his medical license, your rec becomes just a piece of paper, it is void! Cheaper isn't necessarily better! :(

The moment the receptionist hands you your rec, you are legal to use, buy and grow cannabis! No waiting period! :yay:

Granny :wave:

5. Depends on where you go. The place I went to did not require medical records, but some do. Do your research on wherever you get it from though. Make sure they are a real licensed doctor or many dispensaries won't accept you

6. My problem is I don't know what my medical records will show. I get back spasms some times from a soccer injury and I believe I have insomnia because sometimes I just lay there for hours awake unable to fall asleep. But I have never really gone to the doctor about the insomnia, but the back injury was at least 2 years ago, but I can't remember exactly. The reason for all this is my mom is a Physicians Assistant at kaiser so normally she would just say take some ibuprofen and ull be fine. Or cough syrup to go to sleep. So I'm unsure what the records will say

7. Pretty sure this happens to everyone. Exercise a couple hours prior to bed.. Also aleve will help with back spasms.

8. I'd like to get my medi card tho. And I know that these are some symptoms that will allow u to get one. Id like to get it because of these symptoms and it has been helping a tremendous amount over the last few years. Also whenever I get bud, I never know what strain it is and the people I get it from either skimp me a little or don't have very good bud. By having the card I can also pick up Os and save a shit ton of money too, cause buying 35$ 1/8s gets annoying when I could get 150-200$ oz

9. Since you are 18 I assume you can have access to your records.

I have Kaiser as well and you can print out and see your records via there site. You need to make an account though.

10. What if I don't have whatever medical conditions or whatever is needed to get the card on there. Do I say I have back pains and insomnia but it isn't on my record?

11. If you really have the condition then ya

12. I smell some card scheming bs here...people, ADULTS, know what they have suffered through and been diagnosed with by DOCTORS...they don't guess, they know.

read the quotes...this kid isn't sure what he has actually been treated for, and has nothing but his own diagnosis to proclaim he needs mmj...(ya, that's the stench of male bovine excrement you smell in this thread)

I took this from another thread but boy does it seem to be going around

13. Lol he's still in high school, sadly it isn't too surpising that he doesn't know what his medical records say despite being 18. OP if you really had that soccer injury and had to go to the doctor then it should be on your records

14. Yup. I think I have a knee injury. Cough cough.

15. OP claims he/she has a medical condition that is helped by cannabis, and asked the community for advice on how to get a recommendation. The discussion about his/her medical condition seems out of place.

Eptimize - some medical marijuana clinics will offer a "temporary" recommendation (maybe 30 days) if you do not have your medical records. That's supposed to give you time to get your records together.

Your best bet is to see your doctor about your conditions before you go to the MMJ doctor. It is particularly helpful to have a valid prescription for your condition. One of the best reasons (IMO) to get a recommendation is to reduce your use of prescription medications to treat your condition. You can even tell the MMJ doctor how much you have cut back on Ibuprofen and cough syrup by using MMJ (if that is true of course). A good MMJ doctor really wants to know how marijuana is helping you before writing a recommendation.

16. Well don't come on here staring your 18 with self diagnoses. We are here to better the mmj community not scam it. If you want to figure out a way to scam it you can take that crap to the roll it up forums. I love how the kids think just because we are pot heads we are stupid.

17. :hello:

I'm suprised that someone from Cali needs to come here to find out how to card scheme. I'm jealous of the kid...he will most likely get his recommendation and his card for something he doesn't have..while I and MANY OTHERS will pretty much have to move to another state or wait probably a decade or more until their respective state gets their head out of there asses to get MMJ for other than terminal illness.

18. Norcali I usually really like your posts but I feel like you're a bit out of line here. Either the kid will go to a real doctor or he won't. If he gets a fake rec, jokes on him. No need to question his reasoning for his card, if he really is benefited medically by mj he deserves to be a patient.

19. Mj benefits every one in there own way. Even though our system is a joke no reason to make it look even worse.
    Ps. I am not here to make friends. I got plenty in the nor cal thread.

20. But people like you are the ones constantly making it look bad by trying to play mmj police when people make threads regarding their condition