Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mechanics behind magic brownies?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by skippyluvs, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Hey all.

So I was curious, sitting here thinking how is it that the magic brownies work.
    I have a few thoughts pertaining this.

One of which is when the lovely darling is grinded up and mixed along with the brownie dough and then placed inside an oven what happens is, the thc is released due to the heat. When the thc is released the vapor from it is then trapped within the brownie via its texture. As a result when you bite into a brownie you are aquiring trinkets of vapor which gradually build up and over time are absorbed into your system. After which you of course get high. At this time this is the only logical conclusion that I can come up with considering the only way one can get high is through the vaporization of THC and/or the respective cannibinoids and even third party particles (minuscule).

Now this is just a thought as to how brownies work. I was trying to find some pseudo/scientific explanations on how it works but couldn't find any. If any of you agree or have another idea please do make note. I'd love to hear your thoughts pertaining to those lovely brownies.

2. It's pretty simple actually. Canna butter is used in place of regular butter. Take your buds and saute them in butter. The THC will leave the buds and transfer into the butter. Then just cook brownies as usual using your "special" butter. IMO Much Love.

3. Right, but at that point, the THC is contained within in a gaseous / semi gaseous state right?

4. no. THC will bond to fats, so it bonds to the oil.... no vaporization whatsoever.
    THC can bond to alcohol or fat, which is why you can make BHO (Butane honey oil), use iso to clean ur grinder to make hash, make green dragons, cook weed butter (higher fat content is better), cook cannabis cooking oil, or even firecrackeres (THC bonds to the natural fats in the peanut butter).

5. Right but that's after it's been converted into a gaseous form correct?

6. I dont know how fucking high you are but.
    NO!

7. Lol

Yhen please do divulge.

8. Before something reaches it's gaseous state it must MELT.
    The THC melts from the buds and bonds to the fat/oils.
    This is part of the reason you do not want to be pumping your oven up to broil when you are doing this.

9. #9 PhL0aTeR, Nov 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2008
    Were going to assume you are just dumping some pot into the brownie mix, (rather than using Cannabutter) since thats what you said in your first post.

Depends on what temps you cook your brownies at. Vaporization only occurs once you leave 370 degrees.

FYI, i got that info here

Just peeked at the back of my dunkan hines box and they want me to bake these bad boys at 325-350

That tells me the THC is NOT vaporized when you bake it in brownies, but the effects of "magic brownies" are due to ingestion of the actual product... Kinda like chewing and swallowing a bag of it when you get pulled over.

Hope this answers your question.

10. man i really really want to try edibles.

11. LMAO!

This guy is trying to come up with scientific explanations for things that people have already explained to him.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you:

Bill High the Science Guy!
    :smoke:

12. Actually people were answering a question that wasnt asked... the OP never mentioned cannabutter, he brought up the method of mixing ground up weed in with the mix and asked if it vaporized when baked.......

13. Appreciate it bro, some of the literary noobs out there..

Anyways to all of you answered my question, much appreciation.
    It clarrifies the matter and answers my curiosity. Much love GC :)