mechanical keyboards?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by RavenousDank, Feb 16, 2012.

1. got my first mechanical keyboard about a month ago....love it love it love it

its the Razer blackwidow ultimate

what about you grasscity rubberdome or mechanical?

2. Scissor switch for me, although I haven't tried a high-end gaming mechanical one.

The Razer Black Widow Ultimate Stealth Edition sounds perfect for me except it's not wireless. I need wireless like I need air to breathe.

3. If I could USB an IBM model M I'd be set if I could find one. I had a Razer Tarantula and that was the shit back in the day. Don't care too much anymore to bother with high end keyboards, hardcore gaming days are over.

4. Keyboards either have to be rage-proof or cheap enough to be considered a consumable... :D

5. I got the regular black widow and holy shit I love the thing. Ill never get another keyboard that isn't mechanical again. I went through two dome membrane keyboards this year alone.

6. I have a model M laying around here somewhere.. I completely cleaned it up to look brand new a few months ago, but I got a new MacBook so it's kinda useless now though :B

7. [quote name='"koven"']no offense but the black widow (well, razer products in general) is like the Bose of mechanical keyboards, if you know what i mean, overpriced/entry-level

check out WASD Keyboards: Custom Mechanical Keyboards[/quote]

Yes, razer wasn't my first choice, but I had a $50 best buy gift card I had to spend and the black widow was the only mechanical keyboard they had. It ended up costing me only $30 total.

If this keyboard craps out Ill probably look for a different brand. But the razer looks very nice and has macro keys, whereas most mechanical keyboards look like some off the shelf dell keyboards.

It was also the cheapest mechanical keyboard I could find, and so far I'm happy with it. I know razer kinda sucks though, I have some headphones from them and they are not good at all.

8. ya from alot of the reviews and forums the blackwidows have alot of problems

but with it being my first mechanical i'm happy.....although i expected more of a firm key press...guess from my experiences from school keyboards 6 years ago

would love to try out an IBM M model..but i'd only buy/use it if it was new (don't like used computer parts lol)

9. Just received my new keyboard and I'm fuckin loving it! We'll see how it holds up, but the thing is a real pleasure to use.

Cordless
    Backlit (adjustable brightness, automatically turns off and then turns back on when it senses my hands are near)
    Scissor-switch w/low-profile keys and very shallow key travel
    Recharges with a standard MicroUSB cable (included, plus it's the same for my Logitech mouse)

Logitech - Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800

My biggest complaint is that it's like a laptop keyboard in the sense that all of the "special keys" require that I use the Function key, whereas my old keyboard had special Play/Pause/Skip/etc keys that worked on their own.