meat

Discussion in 'General' started by Boson-H, Sep 1, 2013.

1. So i went to a meat market today looking for sone good filet mignon...and at said market, i found squirrel meat, bear meat, and crow meat....really tempted to at least try the bear meat but also kinda scared. Anyone ever ate squirrel or bear? They haf all kinds of different meats

2. Flesh is flesh eat up

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I hear bear meat can be on the sweeter side if the bear at a lot of berries.

4. I'd be keen to try bear, Wonder if i can find it in AUST.

Crocodile is awesome.

5. id try human meat if there was easy access.

6. Squirrel is supposed to be high in protein I believe.

7. croc meat was there too.  there was a sign that said kangaroo meat available if ordered.  its kinda cool, all these varieties.  they also had rabbit, but i've had that before (and it was fantastic).  however i have heard that bear and squirrel taste gamey - what does that mean?  

8. It has a "wild" taste to it. Kinda hard to describe.

Give kanga a try mate.

10. #11 bluntmanIVXX, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2013
    dinosaur meat would probably be very protein-rich.

imagine having a raptor sandiwch. :bongin:

11. Ive eaten squirrel, rabbit and even skunk once. All depends on the cook. Bear is some of most greasy meat Ive ever come across. Not the best experience for me.

12. I've heard bear meat isn't all that great and it's very greasy. I've heard squirrel is good if cooked right.....possibly, in a dark rich stew.

13. hmm, all i can imagine a game wild taste would be is kinda earthy, not like dirt but....its hard to describe tastes isnt it lol

i would appreciate it if you would stop spamming my thread in an attempt to boost your post count, thanks. 
    it was very expensive...i'm guessing they have to ship it

how was the squirrel? i'veheard it compared to chicken except it is dark meat.  the meat in the store was a pinkish reddish brown.  i'm conflicted on the bear lol it was expensive too, but it looked like a steak...

i would appreciate it if you would stop spamming my thread in an attempt to boost your post count, thanks. 

14. #15 3Deez, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2013
    [quote name="puds" post="18607882" timestamp="1378001314"]how was the squirrel? i'veheard it compared to chicken except it is dark meat. the meat in the store was a pinkish reddish brown. i'm conflicted on the bear lol it was expensive too, but it looked like a steak....[/quote]Like somebody said above, you have to do it in a stew. let it soak in buttermilk for a couple of hours first to take the gaminess out of it. then throw it down with some veggies and a gravy and you're good.bear meat on the other hand is so greasy. you have to remember that most healthy Bears will have a very big fat reserve which will turn into grease once the meat is cooked. the bear that I had was just a big piece of greasy tough meat. I'm sure there are ways to prepare it that it will come out good but my experience was not.

15. anyone else have opinions?  i tell ya i am really interested in this squirrel meat.  i want to try it in a stew.  but i am just sort of grossed out in a way about eating it, idk why.  i guess cause its a squirrel, not really a commonly sold meat...lol hard to explain

Try it, there's some squirrel stew videos on youtube.

17. We need bear grylls on this thread. He knows about eating everything. Obviously not a USDA store thats for sure lol.

I want to eat Eagle meat but Eagle is my fav animal and rightly protected by fed govt.

No thanks, "throw on fire....then eat" lol

19. Honestly, the best "steak" I ever ate was not actual meat but rather fish. Halibut steaks are by far some of the best eating IMHO.

Kobe beef in my opinion is over rated...tastes like any other steak to me...just priced much higher.