Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Measurement Tips!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Forshaihulud, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Sup guys

Having some trouble determinging how much I got and what I should be getting.
    My friend that hooks me up charges about 10 bucks a gram, but having trouble finding out how much he's giving me. (pretty sure he's pretty dead on, just not positive!)

How can I tell how much I'm gettin?

Also, having trouble finding difference between indica and sativa ....

2. hey man, best thing to do is buy yourself some small cheap electronic scales. They may seem a little pricey but they will save u lots of money in the long run.
    weighing ure bud is the only way you will be absolutly sure of how much ure gettin. You could also ask your dealer to weigh the bud in front of you, if hes not cutting you short, he shouldnt mind.

3. if its a gram of dank you should be able to roll one really nice sized Game or Dutch with it. This is an easy way to tell. or maybe two small cigarillos.

4. A gram is about the amount you want in a blunt.

However, all eye ball measurements like "a g is x amount of bowls" and such is pointless. Just get a scale. Weed is too diverse and varying in type to eyeball it.

5. smoke it. if your riped it was for sure close. and who gives a fuck if you get riped off .2 on a gram

6. Like everyone else says, get a scale. It's really hard to tell by looking because some strains have tight, dense nugs (this is a typical indica trait) while others may be a little more fluffy or long and skinny ( many sativas look like this) and as to your question of indica vs sativa, it's difficult to know if you don't directly know the grower. I usually try to judge by how it smokes.

Just in case you already haven't read it a million times, indicas usually have more of a body/stony/chillnout on the couch and watch a good movie high contrasted with sativas, which stereotypically give a more cerebral/trippy/mental high.

But I really wouldn't worry about it too much because most strains are hybrids these days, rarely will you come upon a true sativa or pure indica (unless you know a cool grower who has pure sativa, which is my dream btw)

7. :eek:

I don't know about you, but when I buy a gram, I get about 1.2. And that's because I know the dealer and such. If not 1.2, I'm getting 1.0

If you are settling for getting ripped off, you are missing out on .2 plus the amount that a dealer who isn't ripping off would be giving you, which of course may vary. But in the end there is only gain and no loss.

So if I used your logic and got sold .8 for 20, I'd be losing out more along the lines of a half a gram of weed.

Yah for horrible advice!!!