Meanwell driver for 4 CXB3070's

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Doobie Noobie, May 10, 2021.

1. Hey there GC!
    I wanna build a flower light for my 2x2 and be able to dim as required. Thinking it's probably better to go big? More light bigger bud?
    I just want to make sure I'm reading things right, so for 4 CXB3070s a good constant current driver for that would be an HLG-320H-C2100B? Max voltage 156v, so over the 144v I need for my 4 COBs, which I want to wire in series, and have a remote dimmer so I don't have to fiddle with a screwdriver.
    Does that sound about right?
    I have a good heatsink which should be able to handle those COBs passively.
    Bonus question for the noob...What should I be looking at for a potentiometer?
    Thanks team!

2. #2 Mad scientist, May 10, 2021
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
    Hey Doob.
    All your numbers look correct for your setup.
    The HLG-320H-C2100B looks to have onboard volt and current pots so you can set your max current/ volts off of those.
    I think i remember reading someone had the same type setup and was using an outboard pot and ran into issues.?, please do a search to verify whether this is true.
    I would recommend a 240v, 5 amp outboard pot at the minimum to cover anything that might happen. Safety first right.
    P.s. Might be cheaper to scavenge a pot out of a used 240 volt baseboard heater at the local scrap yard.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hey Mad Scientist, thanks for the heads up! Maybe I'll rethink that pot. I'll have a bit more of a Google anyhow and have a good long think about it. Cheers man!

• Like Like x 1