meant to post this here... LED light question

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by TMNToker, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Goodevening, GC. It's been a minute...

I've had a few successful HID grows now and have experienced the insane cost of electricity. I would really like to move toward LEDs now and think I have decided on the brand Blackstar unless someone can convince me otherwise.

My current setup consists of a 4'x8' (about 6 feet tall) mylar tent for flowering, and a 4'x4'(6.5'h) tent for vegging. I also have a smaller 2'x'4'5' tent I will use for a cloning setup when the time comes.

Right now I have 6 small plants under a 432w T5 in the veg tent. They are doing fine and still have a few weeks until I flip to flowering but I would like to have new LEDs by then so I don't have to run any HIDs this grow.

So my questions are in regards to lighting the larger 4'x8'x6' tent with LEDs for flowering 6-8 plants at a time. Initially I thought I would use 3 of the new 2012 135w Blackstar LEDs New 2012 135W Lighthouse Hydro Blackstar LED Grow Light 3W Flowering LED'S | eBay but I'm thinking that may not be enough wattage for the amount of plants and space I have. So now I'm looking more into the 240w + 500w Blackstars..

Would 2 of the 240w units light 6-8 medium large plants in this space well enough to produce an ounce or more per plant? Or would I need 2 of the 500w units to ensure a successful harvest? If I can get my questions asked and answered, and some LEDs ordered I will do a journal.

Working with some nice strains this time around

I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction!

TMNT