Meaningful/intense movies to watch while high?

Discussion in 'General' started by Bbiscuit, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Whenever I'm high I always feel like watching a movie I could get completely lost in, like where you totally empathize with each character and are just engrossed in the movie, and it's so intense and has like a super meaningful/intense message to it.

Anyone have any movie reccomendations? My all-time favorite movie is the original Footloose but I've watched that so many times haha. And I'd prefer something not super romanticly-focused.

What're your favorites?

2. #2 CBoddicker, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2013
    Inception was fucking crazy when I was stoned, as was Limitless with Bradley Cooper. A Clockwork Orange was a fucking masterpiece as well. I get so into films when I'm baked and it's definitely one of my favorite things to do.

Trailer Park Boys is a riot, though it's a TV show. Just started watching that yesterday.

Basically any cerebral film will do in my mind.

I just watched this trailer yesterday stoned out of my mind and I got so fucking tripped out by it. That Emergency Alert System siren scares the fucking shit out of me. This definitely warrants a stoned ass trip to the theater with some friends.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0LLaybEuzA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0LLaybEuzA[/ame]

3. Little Miss Sunshine :)

4. Idk what you mean by intense, but Blow always gets me completely wrapped up.. Such a range of emotion from that movie. Johnny Depp in his prime

5. The ad for that came on pandora while I was baked too, seems trippy as fuck!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone c:

6. The Purge looks awesome!

7. #7 CBoddicker, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2013
    If those fuckers wearing clown masks came to my fortified fortress door demanding the dude I just rescued, I would just bust open a gun port i'd have installed in the door and put a few shells of 00 buckshot from my Mossberg 500 into them.

I'd then have my ex-marine dad flank the rest of them around back with his 9mm. Both of us are pretty good shots and practice on moving targets.

I swear, the logic of people in movies is just ridiculous.. yeah let's just hide in fear and let the cold blooded killers figure out a way to get in. Use the element of surprise while you still have it.

8. Meanwhile in Alabama

9. Heat or The Game. Best movies ever.

10. Google ENTER THE VOID trailer and enjoy!

For a different trip, THE POINT (a very old school animated film is trippy and off on its own vibe as well.

11. pulp fiction

12. Amelie ....

13. Requiem for a Dream.

Pretty sure that'll get your emotions going.

14. Cannibal Holocaust, Salo: 120 Days of Sodom, Nekromantik, August Underground's Mordum, Slaughtered Vomit Dolls, Philosophy of a Knife, Men Behind the Sun, Audition, Ichi The Killer.

Those are just a few "Intense" and obscure DVDs off of my shelf. Well, they're actually video nasties/obscure horror films, but hey, you wanted intense.

15. Reservoir Dogs

16. The untouchables

17. Se7en, Magnolia.