Meaning of life?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by blitz5, Aug 13, 2013.

1. What's your meaning of life?
    Why are we here?
    What's are purpose?

Just interested to see the answers...

My personal belief:
    You live life to witness the creation(s) of life
    Because you cannot duplicate the creation itself or the experience.

Everything you see is a creation.
    From your phone to dirt

You create life
    Without you life wouldn't exist

2. Well I am not sure if "life" in the totality of things really has a "meaning"...perhaps it just is...?  Not sure tho....

But for me ...life on this planet is all about flowering ones soul. 

3. Well, its not so much that we "create" life as much as we are life. 

4. Life creates us.

5. This is nothing but a waiting area for the "Big Show" and the only ticket to that, is Jesus. 

6. There is no meaning to life.  We make our own meaning and our own purpose. 

7. The Creator has big plans for us. You ain't seen nothin' yet.

You've made your point, this is beginning to look like drive by trolling.

9. #9 Boats And Hoes, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2013

Yet, what made us (beings with the speical ability to create their own meaning and purpose)? And, what is "it" that allows to us to make and create?

Well, I don't know what made you, but it was my parents that made me.  This thread is about meaning of life, I stated my opinion, I'm not interested in turning this into another one of your 10 page proof of gods threads.

11. That is actually a very deeply spiritual thing to ask and meditate on. 

Words alone cannot describe what that "it" is though .....they are far too limited to even begin. 

12. #12 Boats And Hoes, Aug 13, 2013

1.) lol... and what made ur parents? This line of questioning will end in one asking -- what does everything (that has a finite and limited existence) stand in reference and relation to, i.e., what made and precedes everything finite?

2.) Okay...

13. #13 Boats And Hoes, Aug 13, 2013

The "it", imo, is the "I", the immaterial self -- the soul/spirit.

14. #14 Postal Blowfish, Aug 13, 2013
    One thing you can be certain of is that you have no authority to suggest that there is anything more than "ur" meaning of life.  Everything you can possibly say about "the" meaning of life is just "ur" interpretation anyway.

Basically you're saying "ur" meaning of life is crap, and my meaning of life is greater than just "ur" because it means more than just my interpretation (which it totally does not but ignore that please).

The only thing we know for sure about the meaning of our lives is that we are the authors.  Life is too short to get into arguments about the meaning of life according to possible fictional objective entities we have created within our own minds to give our lives more meaning.  It is pointless for me to say that "ur" meaning of life is somehow less than someone elses whether by the virtue of you believing in an objective meaning that you can't verify or by the virtue of you not believing that.

In fact, the notion that somehow there is a "correct" answer is one of the main things we deal with in our lives that manipulates how we view our meaning.  There are people who are deprived of the opportunity to decide for themselves because others have deemed it a "sin" to be who they are.  There is not a "correct" answer and so far as I've seen the strong insistence that there is one has added more suffering to our collective lives than it has comfort.

15. #15 Boats And Hoes, Aug 13, 2013

So... everything is relative?? Relative to my subjective interpretation, that is, right?

16. How would I know?  Do you have the ability to make completely objective judgements?

17. What if like...and stay with me on this...BUT, what IF..like..we're not supposed to find out, until we are dead.
    Who gives a fuck if someone elses take on it is different from 'urs'.

Let's ask another question, which takes this train-of-thought to its conclusion.. Do you have the ability to refute solipsism?

The meaning is often not clear to people until they're about to die.  Which kinda sucks, because by then it's too late to do anything.

20. #20 Postal Blowfish, Aug 13, 2013

If I could, would you be able to defend it?  And if I could, but you didn't agree, what does that say about solipsism?