Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

me complaining about my life

Discussion in 'General' started by shasta, Sep 20, 2007.

1. First off, if you do not want to hear me complain about my life you should just stop reading now.

Recently my father was evicted from the house that he lived in which is also the house I was raised in during my teenage years. Id say it all boils down to drug and alcohol abuse. 8 years ago he owned his own construction business and was very close to becoming a millionaire. He was making more money than he knew what to do with, he had new trucks, a new motorcycle, and was building his dream home. He went out and partied all night at bars and I assume he was an alcoholic. He started doing meth until one day he basically gave out due to exhaustion and whatever else goes along with drug abuse. He had a week or so stay in the hospital. He sort of floundered around for a few years managing to scrape up enough cash to pay his bills, keep his house, his motorcycle, and his drug and alcohol habit going. Hes company was falling apart and he was losing the good reputation he built up. He didn't steal or anything, he just stopped being reliable.

When he was evicted I paid $600 to keep his motorcycle from getting repossessed because I was afraid he would give up on life if he lost it. He moved into my house and slept on the couch. He was loud as fuck and didn't respect the fact that I need to be at work by 7:30 every morning. Recently his friend was involved in a crime which resulted in his friend getting his apartment raided and his friend going on the run. I told my dad to stay away from this guy until he gets his shit settled with the law because I didn't want my dad to be charged with helping him stay on the run. The crime was a very serious one so this was not a joke to me.

Today I come home and my girl has 4 plates of salad waiting on the counter. Since there is only 3 of us in the house I asked her whats up. She said that my dad was having his friend over for dinner. She has no idea about the crime because I didn't want to trouble her with the daily bs I put up with in dealing with my father. I call my dad and ask him if his friend has been to court yet. He says no and gives some bs blah blah. I tell him to use his best judgement as far as whether or not he really wants to involve himself, my girl, and I in this situation. He tells me about how terrible I am and that he is coming and getting all of his shit to move out.

When he gets to my house he flips out and goes off about how terrible I am. He says I walk around like a king, Im mean to him, I treat him like crap. What offended me the most is that he said I was greedy. In the last year I have given him 3+ ounces of weed, $600, a place to stay, food, and a computer. I dont know what the hell he is talking about.

Now I am all fucked up in the head over this and tomorrow is a big day for me at work. Tomorrow is going to decide whether or not Im going to progress up the food chain or be the companies bitch for another year. My dad is moving his shit out as I type this and he is doing it purposefully loud just to make a point that Im an asshole.

I still love him because he is my dad. He was a really good dad for the first 15 years of my life. Its the drugs and alcohol that his fucked him up. The same has happened to my uncle. He has a Ph.D. in nuclear physics and architecture but he spends 80% of the day drunk and sulking. Im terrified that this is how I will end up. The men in my family all go nuts when they get older. If I didn't have my girl, my friends, and most importantly an amazing mom I don't know what I would do. End of rant.

2. Damn I felt myself enthralled by your story because it's not someone whining on the internet, that's a tough predicament you're in.

I don't really know what to tell you about your family situation but I do know this.. you're your own person and it would only be because of yourself that you end up like your father and uncle.

3. You won't turn out like him because you recognize the problem. He obviously doesn't. Sorry to say that there is not much you can do for him. A lot of people figure it out after hitting rock bottom. Sounds like he hit bottom, but he didn't learn anything. Yeah, he's your dad, but at this point, he is in no way a father. He is putting his addictions before you or anybody else. I'm a father, and I had a 2 year span of cocaine abuse, but I got away from it for my family's sake. I was never in any danger of financial ruin with my habit,(unless I got caught) quite the opposite, I bought quanities cheap. I could sell 1/2 and keep 1/2, and still make $. I was at 3oz. a week personal use. Then 1 morning, about 3am, I looked in the mirror, then I watched my kids sleep for a while and decided, no more. I flushed 100's of dollars worth down the toliet, and I never looked back. All you can do is love him. Tell him so. Tell him even though you think he is a piece of shit right now, you still love him. Tell him exactly how you feel, but let him know that everything bad in his life is his own damn fault, but you love him. Hopefully he gets the message. I wish you the best.

4. Sounds like you really needed to vent dude.I'd be pissed off too, but Im glad you are standin up and not taking his crap, regardless that he's your father.

Listent ot 20 fan, he knows what he is talkign about, good luck and if you need to vent agian. We're here for you.

5. dude tell your dad to grow the fuck up.

parents are not supposed to drag their kids down like that. good riddance that he is moving out, but of course he is still your dad try to keep him in your life.

6. sounds rough shasta. wish ya the best tomorow at work, ill be rooting for ya.

7. QFT. +rep for the OP. Good luck.

8. My issues are worse ;)

I just bottle them up.

9. my dad had an affair with his co-worker and i havent really talked to him for more than 30 minutes since april of 2006...