Me and my GF's epic lovesac beanbag art thread! (epic, tons of pics!)

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by spikeystud88, Apr 23, 2010.

1. #1 spikeystud88, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2010
    Ok so if you haven't heard the story of how we got this awesome giant lovesac bean bag check it out here. Super good deal off craigslist, perfect stoner accessory lol!

Anyways, so me and my GF realized that the cover was kinda nasty, and new ones from lovesac were $400....fuck that lol. So we bought some markers and have been doodling all over the bean bag when we're blazed. We've come up with some pretty cool/crazy/awesome stuff. Here are some pics below, hope you guys enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

P.S.
    Be sure to rep my girl (peacelove&420) since she's new on here lol :D!

2. I got a lovesac a couple years ago.
    Best thing ever.

3. #3 peacelove&420, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2010
    Hope you guys enjoy them :D!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. How about some pics of her?[​IMG]

5. That is awesome! :D
    And I read your lovesac thread before lol, so it's even better!

Me and my bf have had a king size white duvet cover for 3 years now, and it has paint stains and cigarette burns and stuff.. i hang out on my bed a lot lol,
    and we're planning on putting it out over a tarp and painting all over the top.

6. hahaha
    [​IMG]

7. That thing is giant, you could lose a dead body in that.

8. Is that a flying PolandBall? cos thats not cool, might be funny for the 4chan /b/tards but not on GC man.

9. lol i remember the first thread...was epic...glad your settling it in to the stoner life style.

10. I remember my first experience with a love sack. A friend just went through a divorce and I'm talking with her while she was doing her hair or something in her bathroom. I see in the corner of her bedroom a gigantic red beanbag. And the only thing I can think of is my lost years as a child and my desire to always own (never had) a bean bag so I just jumped in.

(poking her head from her bathroom door) She was just like: "Umm thats a love sack"
    "Yeah I love this beanbag..."
    "No me and what his face used to ummm you know"
    "I think I got aids.. GREAT!" Attempting to jump out of sac.

+Rep for the clever artwork. I wonder if I could ever have a lovesac in the house or if the kids would discover it and react like I did the first time I saw one.

11. wow sounds like an eventful day

12. Lol, that's up to her :D.

Haha nice! That sounds badass.

:p

Lol true.

:confused:? It's this thing from Mario: [​IMG]

Lol ty, ty.

Lol so true! Whenever we saw one for the first time (in a Lovesac store) we were literally blown away - we couldn't believe there was an entire store dedicated to GIANT fucking bean bags lol!

Haha thanks bro, it's been fun so far.

We hope to eventually cover the entire thing so that there's cool shit everywhere. Also once we finally move out together (just 2 months away) then when our friends come over and stuff they can add their own decorations lol...should be awesome!

13. LOL, sorry for the error, I hope you can see why it was so confusing, its not exactly recognisable :eek:

Have you considered recovering your lovesack?

I don't mean getting a new custom cover made, but actually stitching large overlapping patches across the entire bag.

It could add a lot of color, as well as lots of new textures to enjoy (eg felt, leather and corduroy). You could basically use Upholstery Adhesive (in a spray can) to attach large squares of fabric, and then stitch around the edges (using a curved sewing needle, you wouldn't even need to empty the bag, you could do it while its still full).
    The old cover underneath would still maintain structural integrity, while the patches add some flair.

I do like your idea of murals and art tho, definitely well personalized :cool:

14. Lol no worries man, it's all good :)!

And the patch thing actually isn't a bad idea at all. We've gone redneck and used duct tape over some of the holes so my GF's cat doesn't n0m all of the foam inside (lol). How well would these patches hold? If we could easily put patches on then we definitely might do it. It would make it look more legit and artsy, plus it would cover the holes, PLUS we could have fun surfaces to touch on while high lol. Awesome idea dude! I've given out too much rep but I'll hit you up once I'm allowed to give more :D!

15. Upholstery Adhesive could pretty much hold patches in place without any stitches at all, but if you grabbed a corner of the patch you could tear it away, which is why you'd need to go around the edges with a simple stitch.
    You could spray it straight over any duct tape as well.

It smells like hardcore glue when you use it (you need todo it in a ventillated room, eg window open) but the smell disappears after a day or two as it cures.

Its really cheap from arts and crafts stores, or fabric stores, like $10 for a giant spray can.

16. Very nice, what would be super epic would be painting a mural of jabba the hut on it, so its almost life size lol.

[​IMG]

17. Thanks a lot for the info man, we will definitely look into using this to make the lovesac even better :D!

18. [​IMG]

Lol just kidding. But like my BF said it's the flying fish thing from mario!

19. Very nicely done, sir.
    :smoke:

20. also -->
    [​IMG]
    a mix of a prawn and the fella at the end of MIB, playing with universes/planets
    [​IMG]