Me and my friend have a dispute about his grow.

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by HKR1980, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Okay so my friend has a decent grow but he is using 1 quart pots to grow out of and complaining of only getting a quarter to an ounce of Bud off each plant. I don't know for sure but I believe if you have a bigger pot of soil with a bigger root system you going to have a bigger crop. I would love to hear some opinions about this.

2. Absolutely. Bigger pot, bigger plant, more pot. Mathematics my dear Watson!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. You are correct within reason.

The pot size typically correlates directly with crop size, though certain strains just aren't big producers even in 100gal pots.
    Other factors such as lighting, nutrients, and grow conditions obviously also contribute to final #s

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yup I agree
    Bigger roots = bigger fruits

• Like Like x 1
  5. 1 quart? lol

6. Hehe, I’m in 15 gals now and I’m seriously thinking of going to 100 gals

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. You do know for sure..

• Like Like x 2
  8. Gatorade bottle grow! Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. :lmafoe:

10. Yeah big pot big plant more bud. Only way I’d do a bunch of small plant is if I was makin a ton of clones goin strait to 12/12.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. You are correct.
    When growing in soil, the amount of soil will directly affect the final yield. More soil = More roots = Bigger plants.

• Like Like x 1
  12. With soil, bigger pots will give you a bigger yield. In coco, you can yield quite a bit in small pots. I’ve done 5 ounces in 3.5 quarts.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  13. yeah but they posted in the organic forum so it should be about organic soil. i'd like to think that people take some of their nonorganic questions to the organic forum because we give better answers. :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. If its big under the soil, it has the means to be big above it. (unless you F it up) Those little 5 and 7 inch pots you see huge plants in are Hydro. The roots aren't restricted to the pot. In organic growing, you want the biggest root system you can get! That means, the biggest pot you can use.

16. The easiest way to get a bigger yield, imh experience, growing outdoors, is a bigger hunk-o-dirt.

• Like Like x 1
  17. side view week 11.jpg
    Bigger pot bigger plant but thought Random did well on this lil guy haha

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. There’s 4 quarts in a gallon so just under. I was feeding 5x a day though. I did a pound in 3 gallons of coco. That was fed 3x a day

• Like Like x 3