me and my babies

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by homegrownz, Jun 23, 2007.

1. hello everyone at grass city. i have posted a previous thread about my two baby plants and someone directed me to not post there and to post in the beginer section instead.

here is the link from my last thread
    http://forum.grasscity.com/general-outdoor-growing/159743-babies.html#post1684796

if someone can help me it would be apriciated.

anyways other than the outdoor babies i got
    i am also planning to grow 3 indoor plants. NOT HYDROPONIC, i cant afford the expencive grow lamps and the humidity adjustment machines and all that fancy equipment used for hydroponics.

i am just trying to set up a nice grow box. a simple one. that will get the job done and deliver me some GOOD QUALITY buds! i have good seeds but i do not know where to get clones at. so i am stuck with seeds.
    if someone can help me all i need to know is:

1.what soil to get for indoor/growbox growing
    2.what lights to get and how many watts should they be and how many lights(for 3 plants)
    3.what i can make a grow box out of that is not a giant grow box but big enough for my plants to finish inside.

4.if a little fan would work instead of getting all those expencive room temerature changers and humidity changers.

and if there is anything else i need (or need to know) about growing.

ill apriciate any help i can get.i am a beginer and need step guidance in order to produce my dream budz

2. Ill be honest with you, your going to have to spend some money to get a grow box to house three plants.
    1. promix, expert soil or something of the like with no nutes to start.
    2. Three plants require at the bare minimum a 250w mh/hps (lumens is what you should look for)
    3. For three plants you will need a decent sized grow box, nothing tiny or small.
    4. A Little fan will not work, temps. are important.

for what you need to know about growing - READ THE STICKIES!

3. Couldn't have said it better myself. All of the supplies for an indoor grow shouldn't cost more than $100.00

Go with CFL lights for your first grow. Dont bother with MH or HPS, TRUST ME. Dont forget a timer either.

4. what do you guys think is the best way to grow at home without neighbors or parents snooping their noses.
    i remember reading on these forums that someone made a grow box out of a home stereo system speaker. and it was stealth and they mentioned it didnt stink up the house.

the only things i am worried about is the smell and a good place to keep it.
    i have alot of neighbors and some are very cool and smoke weed with me.but some are assholes and call the cops over any stupid little thing (like loud music)

and currently the other 2 plants that i am keeping outdoor are not getting enough light because i have to keep hiding them in places no one can find.and as the sun moves,my plants get more and more shade.

5. ______________________________________________________

6. ok since no one can help me wit dat question how about this one.

is garden compost good for growing. or ready to use PLANTING MIX all purpose soil conditioner.
    or miracle grow garden soil for flowers and vegetable. or redwood soil conditioner?

ALSO: i heard using bat poop or sea bird poop and making guano tea out of it and watering your plant with that is good. is that any good for it?? i just been doin some reading bout this and wanna know if its all good

7. wow no one wants to help! thanks ! while you guys are not helping all week. my plants are suffering and blaming you! lol

8. alot of the stuff we (noobs to the forum) ask is alrdy answered in stickies or in some other threads. to answer ur question about smell search the forum for carbon scrubbers or carbon filters or home made carbon scrubbers i hear they do wonders for MJ smells. as for stealth grows, check out the growbox/grow room design forum they have some AMAZING ideas in there and areas to grow.

for 3 plants i would say at least 2' width 2' depth 3' height maybe even a 3'x2'x4'. it would all depend on how big the plants will get also maybe on what the strain is.

i dunno about compost, but dont use anything MG unless its the organic line with NO ferts. the soil u want is going to have NO ferts no matter what that is a BIG thing no ferts in the soil. i keep hearing about ppl using regular wal mart potting soil and it seems to be fine. there are some great soil mixes on the forum as well if you have no budget.

if you dont wanna worry about temps use CFL's and keep them close to the plant but only about 2"-4" away dont let teh plants touch them at all. for CFL's get 6500k daylight bulbs with at least 23w thats VERY low wattage and isnt recomended im using them atm but im switching them out ASAP with at least 42w 6500k bulbs. 3 of those bulbs 1 for each plant atm should be fine untill they get bigger, when they do u will need more light coverages and by end of harvest prolly have 2-4 bulbs per plant. for flowering btw you will want 2500k spectrum bulbs. same wattages i believe.

9. i think i may be too late. one of my plants turned yellowish and shrivled up and the other is half green and half yellow. i hope they dont die out