MDMA burns holes in your brain? Try diet coke...

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by kokopelli, May 21, 2009.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4jNQ-jhHNM&feature=related]YouTube - Aspartame is Poison![/ame]

2. AHHHH i &$&^ nothing burns holes in your brain, not lsd, not mdma, not diet coke. not k, not anyhting. vacuoels have been seen in rodents exposed to high dose disasscoitives, but nothing coming close to rec doses. jeez, basic science here people.

3. Do you realize recreational doses of most of the substances you listed are superlethal doses for rodents? So if those small doses affected rodents in some adverse way, there is no doubt that human recreational doses have an adverse affect too. But don't get me wrong, I still do all of that shit. Just trying to point out the misconception in your argument that a lot of people are, wrongly, using these days.

4. #4 SpongePaul, May 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2009
    actually yo uhave to look at the mg/kg ratio, of course your dose will kill a mouse/rat/rabbit. but the mg/kg which is what counts is lower.
    exampl ei take 200 mgs of x. that = 2mg/kg for me but for a rat 200mg would be like 300mg/kg its of course he would die, but his 1mg/kg does not hurt him, it is beloiw his ld50. hope i am explaining this right, anyone wanna clarify. i have supercomputer memoty , but only a DOS recall, lol

5. You are right about the dose corresponding to a mg/kg ratio . But scientists don't just test mg/kg ratios that don't have any significance. They test mg/kg ratios that correspond to the same mg/kg ratio of recreational doses in humans, and found that this mg/kg ratio caused damage to rodents (thus it is likely to cause damage in humans as well). I explained it badly in my previous post because I tried putting it in laymans terms (my mistake, sorry).

6. i explain badly as well, no hard feelings, lol. we are thinking the same thing, but the research on vacuolues in humans is inconclusive, as they have never been seen to form in the human brain, as long as you dont x out every weekend you will be fine!

7. #7 Zepp, May 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2009
    MDMA can make you retarded if used too much.

Take E every day for 3 months and try to prove me wrong.

8. #8 UU_ood, May 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2009
    Many drugs can cause brain damage (at least in rats). IIRC the only drugs that have clearly demonstrated brain damage in humans with chronic use is alcohol, meth and ecstasy actually. Saying a drug "burns" holes just sounds stupid. They damage it one way or another. Many other drugs can possibly harm our brain, we just haven't observed it.

9. Man you just keep proving me wrong every time I reconsider you.

No amount of MDMA use can put holes in your brain. there hasn't been 1 case of it, EVER.
    The scientist that tested it was wrong, his scans revealed holes because serotonin came back as a blank spot.

10. Whether it causes "holes" or not does not change the fact that habitual use will destroy your brain.

If someone rolled every day for 3 months, I doubt they would be able to function, let alone think normally.

and to clear up the hole in brain:

"Frightening and disturbing images of the brain of an MDMA user that showed explicit holes in the brain that were claimed to have been caused by MDMA have been shown on an MTV special documentary about Ecstasy, as well as on an Oprah Winfrey show. These images were graphically manipulated to represent areas of lower cerebral blood flow as holes and are completely fraudulent. According to a March 2001 educational program about drugs aimed at young people that NIDA helped create, Alan Leshner stated, "We've heard people talk about Ecstasy causing holes in the brain and of course that's a bit of an exaggeration, but there is a core truth to it." (PBS, In the Mix) We should be appalled, but not surprised, at the fact that the young woman whose brain scan image was manipulated has been working for several years at the Partnership for a Drug-Free America, miseducating other young people about the dangers of MDMA (her choice of employment, perhaps, reflecting the only genuine signs of brain damage)."

11. it would take a dose of 2 grams of pure mdma to cause the damage, it dose not do it at rec levels.

MDMA doses of 20mg/kg in animals can reduce levels of tryptophan hydroxylase, which is the rate-limiting enzyme in 5-HT synthesis. It is thought that this occurs because of oxidative stress which MDMA places on the neuron. This oxidative stress might occur through several possible channels (the metabolism of MDMA into a toxic Quinoid, 5-HT derived toxins, 5-HT mediated cellular events, or temporary inhibition of monoamine oxidase) and the exact mechanism is presently unknown. It is thought that this oxidative stress also leads to the neurodegenerative destruction of 5-HT axons which is observed to occur with large doses of MDMA in animals. Anti-oxidants, anti-dopaminergic agents, agents which block intracellular calcium increases and pre- or post- treatment (up to 6 hours) with fluoxetine all block MDMA's neurotoxicity. Research ontinues on the exact mechanism of MDMA-induced toxicity.

In summary, MDMA effects 5-HT similarly to the way that amphetamines effect dopamine, by inhibiting the reuptake and causing the release of 5-HT. This effect is somewhat similar to the effect that SSRI anti-depressant drugs have. It also effects the 5-HT2 (psychedelic) and alpha-2 adrenergic (cardiovascular) receptor sites. Also, its effects on dopamine appear, at this point, to be involved both with its neurotoxicity and psychological effects.

12. They could function. It does not destroy your brain. Habitual use burns out serotonin axons. Frequent use/abuse will lead to problems with mood, body temperature, eating habits, short term memory, sleep, metabolism, etc. and leave you feeling like a shit bag.

In laymans terms it disables your body from using serotonin in the wya it's supposed to.

13. Strange, my friend who does research as a neuro biologist, does studies of different drugs and test rodents. It may not cause 'holes' in your brain, but it does cause certain behavior problems distinct from test rats of sober control groups.

The rats on 'e' were more social (go figure) but slower reaction times/problem solving and shorter life span. Hmmmm, who cares about the holes!

It is said that every heart only beats a certain number of times, E increases heart beats, in the long run, you're cutting your time short. (which isn't bad considering that shit is going to hit the fan soon and you probably wouldn't want to be alive when that happens anyways). You only live once, do all the drugs you can (what my friend said).

14. This is the most stupid thing I have ever read.

15. That sounds largely bull shit... But if it is true that is a trip.

16. By that logic we should not smoke weed, do any stims or get up off the couch.

I get where you're coming from but it's not that serious.

17. My brain is the size of a fucking mouse, my liver and kidney and other organs also dwarf a mouse. I do not see how a recreational dose of these drugs for a human could be compared to the effects on a mouse, for it is not proportional. That's like saying you could compare the same dosage for a whale and a squirrel, it doesn't add up. BTW, are shrooms bad for your health? (I know they're poisonous, I mean how often can you take them in a healthy manner?)

18. lol at the whole topic there is so much twisted shit going either way.

Ive seen studies ranking MDMA as safer then our fave friend THC you cant tell me thats not complete BS.

Then the complete opposite results from another apparently "credible" Study.

19. No study in the history of mankind has ever said that.

20. when people say burning holes in your brain there talking figuretivly,MDMA in rare cases an in cronic use can fuck up your serotonin levels,witch can effect your mood,sleep,an a number of other things,all tho this only happens when users arent useing responibily,so it can cause some damage,but its not actully burning holes in the brain lol.