McGee's 400w auto White Widow garden

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by freezmcgee, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Hello, and welcome to my grow journal!:wave::D

Feel free to pull up a chair, grab some snacks, roll a couple doobs to share, and make your self at home...this is a warm welcoming place where anything goes!:yay::bongin::gc_rocks:

Ok...the business at hand...here is the info taken directly from Attitude:

Strain: Lowlife Auto White Widow
    Type: Indica / Sativa, Mostly sativa
    Sex: Feminized
    Genetics: autoflowering Auto AK47 x Colombian
    Flowering Time: Medium, Long
    Outdoor Harvest: 10 weeks
    Height: Medium, Tall
    Characteristics: potent, high yield, autoflowering hybrid

I'm growing 3 plants in a 3Lx4Wx5H tent under a 400w MH/HPS. I used FFOF amended with 1Tbs/gal of dolomite lime as my primary soil. THe girls will be growing in 4 gal. pots. The seeds were planted directly into the pots after being soaked for about 10 hrs. I backfilled the very top center of each pot with Fox Farm Light Warrior for the seedlings to start in. I did this to give the seedlings a gentle start before their roots get into the Ocean Forest.

I won't be feeding the plants at all for the first 2-3 weeks. Only plain water pH'd to 6.5. The FFOF has plenty of nutrients to give the girls a great start to life!:)

Once the girls start to flower, they will start to receive their bloom nutes which will be Technaflora's recipe for success formula. Ill feed for 5-6 weeks increasing the dosage with each feeding. I'm gonna feed with every-other watering. In between feedings I'm thinking of just doing plain H2O unless anyone has a suggestion they would like to share...hint hint;)

I just finished growing out 2 of the original 5 seeds I purchased. Here are a few pics from the previous grow as well as some pics of the grow space and the new seedlings and a pic of the nutrients I'm using.

2 young auto White Widows and an auto Haze plant as well
    [​IMG]
    Widows are on the left and right. Haze in center
    [​IMG]
    Cured Widow Bud
    [​IMG]
    Cured Widow Bud
    [​IMG]
    Grow Tent
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to the Garden!
    [​IMG]
    The Girls!
    [​IMG]
    The food that will help them grow BIG buds!
    [​IMG]

Thanks for stopping by everyone. Please share comments, stories, pictures, music, and anything else that comes to mind. This is supposed to be a grow journal but I like to think of it more as an online social gathering place!

Keep it GREEN GC!!!:D:cool::smoke:

2. Lookin good, man. That widow looks fantastic!

3. looks pretty exciting man! I'm diggin your tent setup. Truely the way to go IMO. I'm pretty pumped to see how this strain performs for you. Have you added any perlite to the soil? Auto's LOVE when you give them the necessary elements required for root development. If you feed them something like B'cuzz root stimulator or do something like incorporate perlite into the soil pretty generously they will reward you. The only thing with the perlite addition is that the soil will dry out faster in late flowering, so don't add too much.

4. Thanks man! I appreciate the kind words. I'm really enjoying the smoke from the Widow. It's tasty and strong!!!

Thanks man! I dig my tent too. Its perfect for what I'm working on right now. Eventually it will become a veg/mother tent I think. That of course depends on my getting away from autos. I haven't been adding any extra perlite. Maybe a mistake but they seemed to give a good harvest last run so I'm not too worried. I might check into the B'cuzz however. Thanks for the advice bro. Much appreciated!!!

5. thats really sick, it seems you really know you're stuff with autos. I'm finally going to start growing and i've been set on growin autos, whats your recommendation so far?

6. what's up Easy? glad you stopped by. i think autos are a good way to start. don't confuse the word "auto" with the word "easy". if there is one thing i have learned, autos take the same amount of attention to detail as any other plant does.

my advice would be to learn as much as you can about how marijuana is grown and then learn how to adapt that knowledge to autoflowering stains. they require the same basic needs as any other strain but also have their own very specific needs to grow to their true potential.

there are many fantastic growers, both new and old, here at GC that are messing around with autos. if you spend some time reading through the work that others have done, you will be sure to come up with a game plan that will work for you.

as far as strains go, i have grown auto AK47xHindu Kush, auto White Widow, and auto Haze. of these three, my suggestion would be the auto White Widow which i picked up from Lowlife seeds. this strain proved very straight forward to grow and the final product has been nothing but amazing!

hope this has been helpful. if you have any more specific questions send em this way. you should definitely start a grow journal and send me a link when you get everything up and running.

7. whats up buddy. you should throw around some more pics. :hello:

8. Ask and you shall receive!

Things are starting to pick up around here. I have some old pics to post plus the ones I took today.

Nothing to really say about the grow so far except I have been battling cold temps. The girls seems to be doing ok so I'm not sure its that big of a concern.

Alright ya'll, on with the pics! Thanks for looking!

These two pics are from 1/14/11
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These two pics are from 1/18/11
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last 6 pics are from today. A side view and top view of each plant. They are 13 days old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Yo! What's up GC? I took some pics today that I want to share. I'm freakin stoked on how well these girls are growing. They really look like they love their little home in the basement!

19 Days Old
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Day 20 - 2 of 3 plants showed female today! Fem'd seeds so I expect plant 3 to be female also.

11. Wow. I can't believe they're showing sex already. I haven't seen many Auto's grown so this will be interesting to watch. Rock on freezmcgee.

12. McGee these are the autoWW right?

I'm rockin the auto AK's. We're both around day 20 which is cool. All 10 of mine showed sex yesterday too. It'll be interesting to compare final size and yield.

+rep

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Right on, man. White Widow and Haze are a couple of the strains I'm thinking of trying next. Been messing with Northern Lights and Diesel for a few years, now ready to try a couple of the other building blocks. If I can get my WW half as sugary as yours, I'll be stoked.

Anyway, subbed and ready. :smoke:

14. McGee you gotta throw me a picture update so we can compare. I just updated mine. Our grows are identical in respect to environment and strain, the only thing that I'm in hydro and your rockin the soil. This would be a great comparison grow if you could find the time to update!!! +rep

15. What's up everyone?:wave: Ok, its been over a week since I updated with pics so here we go.

Last night I fed the girls for the first time with 1/4 strength flowering nutes. Checking them today they seem to have really enjoyed it. They were thirsty as hell and seem to really be enjoying the little snack!:D

Yeah man these plants do everything fast. Males will show around day 14 and females seems to show about 1 week later. Thanks for the kind words man! Pull up a chair and hang out. Things are starting to get good!:cool:

Yeah man, I dig your grow. I wish I had the space to run that many plants. Very cool dude. Did you buy fem'd seeds?

Oh man! The Haze had the craziest smell and taste. A buddy of mine grew some Alaskan Ice (which is a Haze cross) and it smelled exactly the same. My Haze plant had JYD genetics. Post up some pics if you got em. I would love to see both of those strains. Thanks for the kind words man. Glad to have you on board!:wave::smoke:

I know, I know!:p:rolleyes: I'm trying to be good about getting pics up. I guess I'll have to start posting pics twice a week...labor of love! I saw your update. Can't wait to see how things compare. Should be a lot of fun to watch.:)

And now, on with the pics!

These pics were taken today. They are 27 days old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alright ya'll. That's it for now. If you got the time, drop me a comment or some criticism or whatever. Thanks for looking!:D:wave::hello:

16. They look very happy Freeze :). Were they under the HPS during veg?

17. #17 freezmcgee, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2011
    New page bumpidy-bump!

Whats up GSXR? Thanks for the kind words man.

I've been running the MH lamp up until now. I was thinking about changing it over tomorrow though. The last round were grown under HPS the whole time so it will be an interesting comparison.

18. Hello everyone. I have some major news to drop on your spaced out brains...:p:devious::D

I started germinated 4 new seeds the other day. All seeds found in bags of weed I'd been picking up from a grower this past summer. I put down 2 BlueBerry seeds, 1 Strawberry Cough seed, and 1 G13 seed.

Of the 4, both Blueberry and the Strawberry Cough seed have popped and been put in starter pots filled with FF Light Warrior soil.

The G13 is yet to pop so it might be replaced with a Fem'd Train Wreck seed from Green House Seeds.

The Auto White Widows are about 6 weeks from harvest so I think the timing will be just about perfect as long as I can make room for all the new plants.

I have some pics of the new seeds and you can see the Auto Widows they are joining are looking great as well.

On with the show!:hello:

Both Blueberry seeds
    [​IMG]

Taproots got a bit longer than I wanted on these seeds
    [​IMG]

This one started to grow into the paper towel
    [​IMG]

Strawberry Cough
    [​IMG]

Same seed, different angle
    [​IMG]

Just after sewing
    [​IMG]

Group shots in the tent with the Auto White Widows [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ill start a new thread with a more appropriate title for the new seedlings once they pop above the soil.

Thanks for looking everyone!

Peace,

Freez:bongin::gc_rocks:

19. Your set up looks tight man. I got 3 60d wonders at about 12 day, starting to take off...plus I'm real interested in the BB...If you set up another thread with the BB let me know. Looks great man

20. Nice picture update man. Your plants are looking very healthy.

I just did a picture update today (day 27) and I think our grows are, for the most part, neck in neck!

GL with the new seed batch man!