McDonalds opens first outlet in Vietnam

Discussion in 'Politics' started by forty winks, Feb 8, 2014.

1. It's great the way poor people go around opening stores and becoming billionaires while then conducting business practices that totally fuck over poor people (both employee and customer).

2. and the tax payer, with all the food stamps etc the employees require because of the low wages ...

3. And luckily poor people pay some of the most detrimental taxes, relative to their income.

4. Not a restaurant! Say it ain't so!!!!

Those poor souls. Having the option to eat somewhere. Think of the children!

5. the beginning of the end for Vietnam.

6. Ho Chi Minh is a pretty modern city, it's not like a McDonalds is going take them down. You can find almost any other popular American and European brands there (not always real, but still there, lol). 

I support capitalism in Vietnam (I support it everywhere, really, I'm just not a fan of this free-market, anarchist shit). The country has been rapidly expanding since Clinton ended the embargo.  Capitalism hasn't been with out any downfalls, but their standard of living has improved dramatically over the past 20 years.

7. possibly. My bad

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Doesnt happen much anymore thanks to excessive taxation and regulation

9. There are sooooo many things wrong with what you just said.

Like the fact that money stolen from those people (taxes) coulda not only bought more food than food stamps, but would have resulted in more jobs.

Stealing money from the economy is bad for poor people. Even if the taxes go to social programs. It is innefient and still does waaaaay more harm than good

But until that glorious, tax free heaven happens, is it OK to subsidize under mac jobs?

11. No

12. Fixing wrongs with more wrongs is not the answer

13. It's unfortunate you have 8000+ posts.

14. wut?

Are there any downsides to an anarchist-like free market capitalist society? Or is it just...perfection on all levels? As in all good in the world comes from free-market capitalism and everything evil is the result of government? Just trying to get my facts straight.

16. So what you really support its government protected corporatism. You can't have capitalism without this free market anarchist shit. Capitalism and government regulation just can't exist together.

17. This is pretty close.

18. If we can't destroy them completely in war, we'll just feed them to death :smoking:

19. No one ever said its perfect. A perfect society is impossible because perfect people are impossible.

But free market anarchy does solve many many problems. Wealth inequality for one

20. Whats with all the hyperboles about how bad mcdonalds is.

Daaamn kids. Take off the foil hats.