Mazda Rx-8 and Infiniti G35 coupe

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by dailytoker420, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Anybody know/own either of these? I'm trying to find out some general stuff about them like reliability/insurance/modding/which is a better buy. If you know anything about either, then feel free to post especially if you have personal experience

2. I know a Mazda is junk so fuck a rx-8. I drove a G35 before and liked it alot. The 3.5 that nisson puts in like every car they make seems to do a good motor so I guess the G35 is a safe buy.

3. the g35 will be very very easy to mod.
    the rx will be too but i dont like them and i trust nissans motor ALOT more.

4. Nissan is made by the lowest bidders in NAFTA countries like Mexico and the United States.

Mazda is made wholly in Hiroshima.

5. r35 ftw. my pops got one imported from japan before they were in north america. the original skyline r35

6. seems like very different cars to me, if i'm not mistaken the Infiniti is closely similar to the 350z - and people love those. Nissan makes a great V6. On the other end, the Mazda is a legitimate sports car with a wankel motor, I don't know about its reliability but I know that the RX sports/racing heritage is solid.

7. The rx8 is ugly and sounds like a lawn mower. g35 are really hard to find witha 6speed so just get a 350z.

8. Just because its built in "nafta countries" doesnt mean it isnt reliable..
    dont judge a book by its cover yadda yadda yadda

I love my pathfinder such a solid suv

9. Thanks
    guys for the replies

I used to want a 350z really bad, but in this case I think the g35 and 350 have the same engine.

10. rx7 ...ls1

11. the rx8 engine is junk. My freinds dad is a mechanic and said that he rebuit an rx8 engine once and that it was garbage. $60 spark plugs...

I say go for the G35. Just start the engine. The sound alone is worth it imo. It's a japanese 300hp luxury coupe. What more do you need?

But for the price, you could also get a used subaru sti. Now those cars are faaast.

Insurance is going to SUCK for any of the cars you are thinking about. If your under 24...lol

12. Yeah insurance is gonna suck ass, but considering I could pick up a g35 for a little under 10k im not too worried. I just want to make sure I get a nice (aesthetically and mechanically) car that will last a few years

13. the infin is a much better car in every way

14. Alright, so I know nothing about the G35, but the Rx8 is not junk, like everyone here is saying. The Rx8 is a rotary engine. Rotary engines are used, most commonly in airplane enigines, but Mazda was the first to put them in a car. They work differently than a piston engine, they have triangular rotors, that spin in a chamber, rather than compress like pistons. They actually preform all three cycles at once, intake, combustion, and exhaust. The rotary engine will accelerate a lot faster than a piston engine.

Personally, I'd buy the Rx8, but that's just me. They might be a little less reliable than the G35, but it's worth it imo. But if your Rx8 engine breaks down, unless you like working on cars, you might have a hard time finding someone to fix it, depending on where you live. It's not really a car you can take to your local mechanic and have them fix up in a day, you will have to go to your dealer, or a specialized shop.

Oh, and do you like drifting? Because the Rx7 is one of the best cars you can get for drifting, and I'm sure it hasn't changed with the Rx8.

15. g35 man. ive driven both cars in good and poor shape and even when the g is beat up it still feels good. the rx is nice dont let someone say its not when it comes down to it, nissan has their shit TOGETHER. and if your thinkin about upgradin it hardcore, i'd still say the g. my buddys old man has an rx8 with a few little things done and it feels uber nice, but the g just has a more significant feel and awesome capabilities in a good drivers hand. more importantly you should base it around what your specifically gonna do with it.

16. If you want a real sports car get this. (an RX-7 with an LS1 swap)

RX-8's are boring, ugly, and slow.

I vote G35/350Z out of the two you picked.

17. RX-8's are more practical in my opinion. Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think the coupe has back seats. I would take the 8 over the g any day. but i like to turn....

18. whaat you crazy son, rotary's are way less common than piston engines, how does that make them more practical? (especially in terms of maintenance)

19. I guarentee an rx8 engine is less $$ than a g35 engine and not to mention absolutely tiny. So you could ship it from anywhere. And maintenance is basically the same, just gotta keep an eye on oil level with rotaries as they were designed to burn some. Plus if you can keep your apex seals in tact you only have 3 moving parts to worry about. no valve/piston interfence bullshit to deal with, no timing belts to snap. I'm sure i could keep going if you're interested.

20. no man that actually clears a lot up for me thanks brah, I was always scared of rotary engines in the sense that they were a bitch to deal with..might start looking into em a lil more