MaZaR !

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Let-it-grow, Nov 23, 2008.

1. got a mazar clone at the clinic a little while back, putting into 12/12 soon, im looking for any ideas on increasing yield if any one with experience could throw some ideas my way

2. Do a SCRoG and use Molasses with your water when you get into the flowering stage.

A SCRoG will increase the light available to all of the buds which should make them bigger
    and as I understand it, Molasses increases bud mass by up to 20% in some cases. I
    am doing my first grow with Molasses so I can't say personally that it works, but it comes
    well recommended.

Hope that helps!

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

3. sounds good, scrog is screen of green right? isnt that done by topping and putting a screen at the top for just the colas to come thru

4. Correct. Its not only the top that you weave in and out of the screen, but also the
    branches, etc. Do a quick search for SCRoG and you'll see plenty on the subject.

5. yeah i just read a thread on scrog in the advanced cultivation part but i didn't seem to see anything about topping it. was i correct about that too? have u done this method before and if so how were ur results and howd u do it?

6. Yeah some people top and some dont.. topping will increase yield, but it will add another
    week to your vegging period while the plant recovers. I do this.. I have topped my
    plants before and will continue to do so.

I am growing under a SCRoG right now actually.. my first time.. works great. Don't be
    intimidated, it's easier than eating pie!

7. right on man thanks for the advice, before today i knew what it was and didnt consider it, now im doin it :smoking:

8. There is a great guide here called "Fimming and Topping" it's a sticky at the top of
    the forum.. follow that guide and fear no danger :)

Just top at the right time.. I topped once, and all I did was end up trimming off the
    leaves from a few nodes, and delayed my grow by a week.. whoops. :) Live and learn!

9. sounds good, well mazar is an indica and its growing like a little bush, you think i would have good results with topping it? at what height do you think

10. If its bushy the no need to top, just grow it like a big bush with the tops coming through the screen.

But to each his own, thats just personal preference

11. i'll take your word for it man im sure u know alot more than me. i just turned 18 and this is my first indoor so im just tryin to make the best of it. thanks for the heads up mang

12. mazar is not a pure indica. its a mix. and the ones that i grew got more sativa in them than indica

13. well idk about yours but mine is growing like an indica dominant plant in ways like being short, stalky, short distance between the internodes and broad leaves

14. You can still try fimming them, so you'll get a couple more Colas...it may also yield higher in the end. Also be careful with fertilizing. A bloom fertilizer will definitely result in a higher yield but over-fertilizing can be pretty disastrous to yield as well :(. Also, when you add molasses in the last 10 days or so, be sure to flush the soil to get rid of any nutrient buildup--also better taste, no ferts left! Check out this site, extremely helpful from Mandala Seeds: http://www.mandalaseeds.com/html/faq.html#IN7

Hope it helps, best of luck dude! Btw, I've also read that you can add flavor to the bud by adding a flavor extract a couple days before harvest, but be sure to let the plant dry out the last couple days as well, so it sucks it right in. Once again, I've only read this, haven't tried it...good luck :smoking: