Mayweather vs. Ortiz

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMORE HiiiGH, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Then it's not a sucker punch. What is Mayweather going to do, go to his corner when the ref hasn't told him to? And it's not like Ortiz was dominating the fight - if anything, he was getting worked and he saved himself some time by droping in the 4th. He got to collect his check, go home and eat some dinner, maybe bang a chick or two to ease the loss and pass out - all about 45 minutes before he would've normally done it.

Remember, time is money ;)

2. It is weird that Ortiz kept on going for the kiss.... like 2 was enough already!!

3. I understand it doesn't restart the fight, but it also doesn't mean the fight isn't still going. Ortiz kept his hands down, Mayweather kept his hands up. You should always keep your hands up until the ref sends you back to your corner. If they don't, then game on.

4. Ref called time. Took a point from Ortiz and he never officially restarted the fight. Neither fighter had their defence up, Mayweather just took advantage, fairly or unfairly depending on your opinion. The outcome of this fight and the farce it turned into was down to one person and one person only, the senile old fuckwit called Joe Cortez who has made numerous mistakes in the past.

5. [quote name='"HCL"']

I understand it doesn't restart the fight, but it also doesn't mean the fight isn't still going. Ortiz kept his hands down, Mayweather kept his hands up. You should always keep your hands up until the ref sends you back to your corner. If they don't, then game on.[/quote]

The ref stopped it after the head butt? I think it was officially stopped.

6. Put a poll up

7. I don't understand how people are trying to justify Floyds actions. Ortiz was going in to say sorry, the ref wasn't even looking in the direction of the fight. I don't care what you say this is not a street fight and you shouldn't have to have your hands up until the ref starts the round.

8. Yall don't know boxing the ref gave the signal to fight they hugged or whatever it was then your supposed to put your hands up right away. Ortiz was thrown off from the ref bad actions (if he didn't throw a bunt it wouldn't be a problem) but the clock was still ticking. Its a fight these guys been talking trash leading up to his fight & I'm sure boxers get pissed when illegal blows are thrown, Floyd isn't supposed to wait for Ortiz to get ready the ref already resumed the fight.

9. fight was bullshit

10. imo the time for sorrys is after the fight not during

11. Yeah, except that the ref had already resumed the fight.

The only boxer who broke the rules and disrespected the sport was Ortiz. He even hopped of his two feet in order to headbutt Mayweather in the mouth. Mayweather continued after the ref resumed the fight and Ortiz (for some odd reason) kept apologizing for his dirty foul when he should've had his hands up.

12. What a strange fight! Ortiz just wanted a hug and for Floyd to say everything was gonna be ok...then everybody should have hugged and gone out for dinner but seriously bad referee, no control whatsoever. You cant blame fighters for looning out its the refs job to make the fight flow and control the action.

13. real talk this shit was fixed....

proof right there.

14. The ref is completely at fault for looking away speaking to the timekeeper when he should've been looknig at the fighters if the fight had re-commenced. That was what confused Ortiz. I blame this farce ENTIRELY on the senile ref.

15. That's not proof, that's him justifying himself getting rocked.

16. did u see the fight? ortiz was giving dude kisses and shit....u no it was payday.

17. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sPqu7FBllw]Ortiz vs. Mayweather post-fight press conference, Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

18. This is all that needs to be said! Here's some words from the ref Joe Cortez....

Joe Cortez Shifts Full Blame to Victor Ortiz for Mayweather Knockout - Bad Left Hook

19. Bullshit is that all that needs to be said.

There is a rule where it says the ref should be observing the fighters whilst the round is running down though (if this was the case Ortiz wouldn't have been confused). Where were you Cortez you senile fucktard. Made a huge mistake in the Soto fight a few years back, now this. Go retire you clown.