Mayweather vs. De La Hoya

Discussion in 'General' started by ondrugz, May 5, 2007.

1. i got money on De La Hoya hes been threw some wars, Mayweather hasnt really fought anybody and he talks alot of shit

so who do you think is gonna win?

2. I hope pretty boy de la jota goes down...retire that fool already fuck.

3. De La Hoya is gonna get destroyed. He's not the fighter he used to be and Mayweather is pound for pound the best fighter in the world IMO.

I'll be going over my buddies house smokin some blunts then orderin' the fight tonight so that should be a hella time :hello:

4. mayweather all the way. i was watching the fight last night with him and arturo gatti back in 05, man de la hoya has some punishment commin to him

5. As much as I dont think Oscar can win this fight I hope to all hell that he smashes every bone in Mayweathers face. that guy needs someone to shut him the fuck up already!

6. did you guys see that De La Hoya Vs. Mayorga fight?it was his first fight coming out of retirement and Oscar fucked his shit up.. i got my money on delahoya

7. Im gonna go for maywether cause da la hoya just reminds me a pretty boy goody two shoe.

8. Mayweather. He weighed in at 140 and i like that. he didn't go outside himself and try to make just under weight. his game is being agile

9. Should be a god fight regurdless, they're both the best pound for pound fighters right now and someone is getting knocked out. My money is on De La Hoya and i hope he comes through because mayweather talks too much shit.

here's something i came acroos this morning and thought it was pretty funny
    http://www.yikers.com/video_oscar_de_la_hoya_will_ruin_your_life.html

10. i just read 50 cent bet 1 million dollars on mayweather :eek: dont know how true it is though

11. i know they're good friends. He was at the weigh in and mayweather had his arm around him when he was being interviewed by ESPN.

edit: are ya'll ordering it on PPV or going to your local sports bar?

12. happy cinco de mayo folks, gonna be a gr8 1, my buddies ordering it and we're just gonna have a little party over there

i got 100 on pretty boy floyd, we'll see what happens.

edit- i guess "50" out bet me :cool:

13. damn, I'm starting to get interested...

"The superfight is expected to be the most lucrative fight the sport has ever seen. With an astonishing ticket sell-out record of US$19 million in just three hours, this fight is also set to go down in history books as the most prestigious boxing event of all-time. "

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=76059

14. i posted about 50 cent betting 1 mil before. I saw him saying it on MTV 2. It is true.

15. damn, hopefully this is a good fight with a good ref and no stupid shit is gonna happen. i just checked how much the ppv is, $55 aint bad for a fight this big

16. Can't wait til the fight tonight.
    I'm going for de la Hoya for sure.

but damn boxing lately has me feeling like its rigged or something.
    either I'll be watching round for round waiting for kos!!

17. im going to have to say Mayweather is going to win tonight. either way it wont be a fight to miss.

18. I'm not rootin for anyone in particular, but I'm thinkin De La Hoya might win

19. I'm hoping the same thing. [​IMG]

20. People should stop callin De la Hoya pretty boy, that happens to be Mayweather's nickname. Anyways, I think Floyd has some wicked shit in his arsenal, and he uses his strengths to their full potential. He is remarkable at throwin potshots and forearms from the clinch as well. HOWEVER, he's too damn cocky for his own good, he leaves that left hand hangin by his waist almost all the time, a good target for Oscar's overhand right/45 combo. (He has a half hook/half uppercut that comes in at a 45 degree angle and knocks bitches out) You can bet De la Hoya is gonna exploit his over-confidence and do some damage. Oscar also has that ability to explode if he sees a sign of weakness, watch some youtube highlights. Floyd is fast as hell and he fights like it, jumpin straight back and runnin around the ring throwin fast, hard punches. It's easy to see why either guy could win, I'm lookin forward to a kickass fight.