Maybe we need a new slogan to get behind?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Spliffin Bowls, May 5, 2009.

1. I was thinking something like:

"If gays can get married before I can smoke a blunt, we've got a problem, America."

No personal problems with homosexuals, I just think people would say 'wait a minute' when they hear or read that.

Thoughts?

2. thats ignorant man

3. "Prohibition Supports Drug Cartels"

4. I wouldn't stand behind a slogan or a commercial, I think that smoking weed speaks for itself.

5. No, it's really not. Let's think about this for a second.

There are so many right wing nutjob Christians who still define marriage as only between a man and a woman no matter what, gays dont get rights. Moderates like myself look at it as equal protection, and some states are now on the verge of allowing it.

If America is on the verge of giving up on the religious definition of Marriage, why can we not smoke a plant?

6. Being gay isn't a choice and doesn't impair the mind, its fucked up that everyone hasn't accepted it yet and as for a new slogan thats not what we need we need to just get the word out, go out talk to people, *educate people, theres a clear answer once you've laid all the facts out on the table.

7. that slogan is a terrible idea... think of something that doesn't mix with another heavy political issue

8. "Marijuana Prohibition makes Baby Jesus cry"

9. agreed people jsut need to know the truth instead of the fiction caused by organizations such as above the influence

10. "Cannabis supports drug prohibition"

something that shows cannabis is an herb and not a drug

11. #11 thegrassybowl, May 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2009
    "Go green." "Prohibition: 9 out of 10 governments and gangsters agree."

Hate to be the non sequitor but...I don't care if any gay couple gets married in a courtroom. Allowing it in church directly violates the Bible. I agree with giving them full rights according to the government, but shooting down an ancient text that is the ruler by which you run a church is sending the wrong message. Bashing gays isn't right, and I believe love should be extended to all people on Earth, even [especially] by Christians...don't get me wrong. You can't just ignore sections of the Bible, though.

12. Someone is a little high :D

13. haha I actually haven't smoked in a week and half, it was kinda dumb but you get what im trying to say.

14. Sure you can, the bible is just a book.

15. No need for a slogan

16. "Dealers support prohibition"

"Al Capone was in favor of prohibition too."

"Prohibition Costs
    Money and Lives"

"Ignorance is taught"

"Natures best medicine since 2727 B.C.

"Can't we all just get a bong?" :D

"Give peace a chance"

"Why do you think it's so bad?"

"Isn't it time for an honest discussion?"

"America's next multi-billion business"

"Marijuana: The safest thing in your medicine cabinet."

"Gain control back"

17. #17 ModderXtr, May 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2009
    Fiction, none the less. I prefer Shakespeare though.

18. #18 CjX, May 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2009
    "If you disagree, you're ignorant"

That's not my opinion at all, just what I personally observed to be a common ideal on here.

"You don't think weed cures swine flu? You're ignorant."
    "You don't think weed is a magical elixir that's a 1 stop cure to all illnesses? You're ignorant."
    "You're disagreeing with me because my statement is not only illogical, but impractical, you're ignorant."

Honestly, I've never seen a word so misused than that.

19. "Pot smokers aren't the criminals, those who persecute them are."

20. "Pot... That's how we roll"

"Pot, make it legal... bitch"

"Pot should be legal because.... what were we talking about again"

"Pot... Because Doritos never tasted so good"

"Pot, just say yes"