Maybe some nutrient burn?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by 50Dave, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Critical jack auto flower. This is week 4 from seed, and started to flower about a week ago.

I am using fox farm happy frog soil. This is the first feeding using fox farm big bloom. I used the recommended dosage for a gallon of water and a general feeding. I then added some more water to dilute it down to about 1/2 strength. Water was at 6.8 ph, and the run off was at 6.7.

The tips are showing some yellow/brown color and there are some tiny spots on the leaves. I believe the brown spots on the leaves were there before the feeding, but the tips started to turn yellow today after the feeding.

Is it a fair assumption to think this is too much nutrients? I am thinking of letting it ride, and just holding off on the nutrients for a week or 2 and then pick up feeding again. The plant is only about 5-6 inches tall.

If you have any feedback/advice for this situation, it would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. I will try to get better pictures with my wifes SLR tomorrow~

3. The nutes were a tad too heavy for it...just out of interest, since it looks so beautiful, why did you actually elect to feed them with this watering? Were there signs of a deficiency or need at all? If not, then it won't need many, only feed it when it looks like it needs it. Easy to grow plants don't need much. BTW, Pretty plant!

4. Thanks for the compliment on the plant. It really is a tiny ball of beauty.

This is my first grow, and this was a freebee seed, so unforunetly it gets to be my guinee pig

I had noticed a couple of tiny brown spots on the leaves, and was afraid it might need some food. I have read quite a bit that you should not feed until week 3 or 4. So that is what I decided to do. Now that I think about it, I may have given more then 1/2 strength as I needed to adjust the water's PH, and did it with the solution with the food in it. There is one leaf that has a slightly lighter green color to it. You can kind of see it in the picture i posted. I am going to check the plant tomorrow and see how it goes. Do you think I should try and flush the soil, or just stick to normal water for the next 2 weeks or so before I consider feeding her again?

5. Im with the 'flushing is bad' crowd. No flushing. Just leave it, let it grow in the soil you have and water only until it looks like it needs some food.