Grasscity - Black Friday Sale - up to 70% Discount

Maybe Serious Situation With Dad, Need Advice

Discussion in 'General' started by Thejourney318, May 30, 2014.

1. #1 Thejourney318, May 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2014
    This post is going to be very personal, just a forewarning. Please be respectful. I just have to somehow talk to someone about this, and I can't really talk to anyone in real life about it. I just saw something, that I wish I wouldn't have, and I don't know what to do. I want to do nothing and pretend like I didn't see it, but that in and of itself seems to be doing something. I want to talk to someone about it, but I really have noone I could talk to about it, and telling anyone itself would be doing something. My laptop is broke and was being repaired, and so I've been using my dad's laptop from time to time. I currently live with my parents. Anyways, just now I wanted to save an image on the computer to try to put as an avatar on a different site, and in the place where it popped up to save the images....there were pictures of guys and penis'. It seemed like they were pictures people had sent, cuz one of them was titled 'me' for instance, of some guy.

I really don't like this feeling or situation. For background, in the past my parents nearly got divorced because it was discovered that my dad had been cheating on my mom with women through the internet. When I began using my dad's laptop recently, I had a certain fear that he may be doing that again, especially since I saw that he had some instant messenger. I figured it could be for his work though, and didn't want to do any sort of looking through his laptop. I was just choosing not to think about it, and hoping/assuming the best. So that was the worst case scenario. Now this was completely by accident, but I saw it. 

I really don't understand, or know what to do. First of all, guys?? I don't understand how he could do that, it doesn't even make sense. He's a conservative christian, and he doesn't act hateful at all or anything like that but implicit in his belief system is the belief that homosexuality is wrong. Which again he doesn't go on about that kind of stuff or anything like that, but that's his belief, as it is for so many religious people. I mean I don't have to go into too much detail about all the confused thoughts I'm having right now, it's pretty self-apparent. I really just don't know what to do. My natural impulse is to pretend like nothing happened and ignore it, and I really can't imagine doing anything else, but that itself seems to be a choice, 'doing something.'

2. I'd say just ignore it.  You're gonna make things super awkward if you confront him.

3. You wrote, .."in the past my parents nearly got divorced because it was discovered that my dad had been cheating on my mom with women through the internet...." 

How did she find out that he was cheating, did she follow him, or have him followed, when he went to meet the other women?  

4. #4 Thejourney318, May 30, 2014
    Well initially it's because he was downstairs on the computer IMing someone, and then when he went to bed with my mom I went in the room too and I just mentioned casually without thinking anything of it how he was IMing on the computer. But then he denied he was doing that and acting all defensive, which I didn't even understand at the time. But he tried acting like he wasn't, and I was just like um what are you talking about I clearly saw you. And then eventually it all came out and my mom did actually talk to one of the women at least. 

5. I still do not understand what you mean by "cheat".  Was this only sexting, or did he actually get together, in person, with other women for sex?

6. It reeaally would. I can't really imagine doing anything else. I just don't know what it means. I don't even want to think about it, ignoring it and pretending it never happened is definitely what I want to do. I'm just not sure if that's the wrong way.

Yes. He met them through the internet I guess.

7. #7 garrison68, May 30, 2014
    So, your mom found out that he was meeting with other women for in-person sex.  If he has stopped that, but continues to do sexting with people, whether they're male or female, it's just fantasy and probably not anything to be concerned about.  

But I'm sorry to say, there's not much you can do, it's their relationship and like all such arrangements problems come up.  Just forget about what you saw, and try not to think about it.  You've got your own life to worry about, and that's enough. 

8. Yea, that probably is the only way to go.

9. Damn dawg your in a rough spot, good luck to ya

10. "So, dad..  we gotta talk about something for a sec.."

"Yeah son? What's on your mind?"

"What's with all the dick pics, dad?"

"Well son, eventually after marriage, your wife will stop touching you, so you gotta go to m4m on craigslist for a handjob"

"Fuck you, dad."

11. Lol you just saw your dads dick pics he sends to chicks on the internet

It's all just one big conspiracy

12. Leave the man and his penis pics alone.

13. I'm with Garrison, sweep that shit under the carpet like you saw nothing, you have your own shit to deal with. Anyway, if your mum decided to stay with him after his previous indiscretions theres a good chance she'd stay with him after this. Also you don't know the full story. Leave it alone and try your best to unburn those images from your head.

14. Does your mother/sister/aunt/etc use that laptop?
    And, like someone previously implied, are you sure that's not ur dad's wang in that photo?
    Maybe he is part of a jelqing forum and those pics were just advice
    (I'm really trying here for ya bro!)

15. You could talk to your dad about it. Maybe it'll work out better then you think. 
    You can also just ignore it, but it doesn't really seem like that option works for you.

16. I'd say something if I had a dad

17. Sometimes you gotta keep pops in check. I say delete them all, and replace with some good twat pics and see if he freaks.

18. at least OP will know if his father is gay or not so the hidden truth will be revealed about his intentions.

19. I think the best thing to do is to let it go. Try not to let it bother you. If it becomes too much for you then speak to your father privately and ask him there's nothing wrong with doing that. Try and control your emotions and don't get angry with him about it say exactly what you're doing and that's what came across.
    Me personally I wouldn't say anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Foruma

20. OP don't ignore it but don't bring it up. You saw what you saw, however what you saw is not your business man. You don't judge a person by what they jack it to , how was he as a father?