maybe PH? please HELP!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rockstar99, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Guys i need help... my leaves are starting to turn into a light yellow i think im having a PH issue but im not sure... can you guys please tell me what you think this is before they all get worse. The water is at about 8.0 maybe a little higher i just started using apple cider vinegar yesterday to decrease the PH, prior to that i was using PH DOWN by general hydroponics. i like to keep the ph at about 6.0 for soil and when i add nutes to the water i always drop the water to a PH of about 5.0 or so to balance the raise of PH after the nutes. i am using HESI nutrients and im giving the plants full strength nutes and there on week 4 of VEG... my strains are OG KUSH BUBBA KUSH AND MEDI BUD. anyone have any pointers for those strains or if anyone sees a deficiency that maybe im missing please let me know THANK YOU!

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      868.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      688.8 KB
      Views:
  2. #2 Blazin4Bucks, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012
    what is the first and second pic? is that a before and after?

initial guess looks like a sufur deficiency.

couple things i need to know too: how old is the plant? are all the leaves turning this color uniformly or are the top ones turning more than bottom? are there any discolorations in the stem?

3. No thats 2 different leaves. The top of the plants I notice more of the light green I plucked that leaf from the top of plant it was a fan leaf. There on the 4th week of veg ill upload another picture

4. #4 Blazin4Bucks, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012
    i see. in that case, it's a nutrient deficiency--again thinking sulphur or phosphorus. correcting that is complicated because it could be just the end result of a problem via many contributing factors. you may think, just add more sulphur or phosphorus, but you're already using a fertilizer, so this is why i think the problem is more complicated.

now, seeing as how thin problem has manifested in 4th week, i think the discoloration is due to the most common grower error--you using too much nutrients, and thereby your soil has increased salinity to the point where the nutrients you now add wont be absorbed.

what i suggest is flushing the soil, and using 1/3 or even 1/4 or nutrient label recommendation, and don't water the plants as much.

it's 100% NOT a pH problem, tho.

5. A ph of 6 for soil is a little low.

Look.

[​IMG]

Change your PH, and start using the correct PH range.

Also, don't PH before you put your nutrients in water. Always PH after. I often allow my nutrients to mix overnight, with a small aquarium pump, in a bucket so the PH stabilizes. From there, I can PH the solution and my plants stay super happy.

6. Hey guys i appreciate the replys i took more pictures today of the plants... i took 4 of my plants and i gave it 3 gallons of water in a 5 gallon bucket to flush the excess nutrients that may be built up in there. so im hoping in a few days i will start to see the leaf healing. Here are the pictures i added can you guys take a look and let me know what you think? i think it could possibly be nutrient burn and over feed because i have been giving it full strength maybe i jumped in to quickly but i flushed the 4 plants and then i plan on decreasing my nutrient dosage by 15-20 ML per. Also guys i have noticed white spots on the top of my leafs... when i wipe it, it comes off im hoping and praying its not MOLD! but there circles of white and they almost look like powder. i thought it was when i feed the plant sometimes alittle of the nutrients liek drops on the leaf but the past few days i have been giving them just water and i saw some in there today. so i was wondering incase i do have that problem is there any spray or non chemical way of getting rid of this? or just something to prevent it i guess. Tell me what you guys think about hte pictures i just uploaded.

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      781.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      621.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      725.9 KB
      Views:
    • 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      File size:
      158.7 KB
      Views:
    • 8.JPG
      8.JPG
      File size:
      639.8 KB
      Views:
    • 9.JPG
      9.JPG
      File size:
      386.3 KB
      Views:
    • 10.JPG
      10.JPG
      File size:
      289.4 KB
      Views:
  7. Looks like potassium Deficency to me.

8. ya the white stuff is a type of mold or fungus. you'll need some neem oil to treat it. but it's good you gave it a flush. stick with plain water for a few days and the yellow discoloration should clear up.

9. The temp in the room never gets higher then 68 with 55 to 60 humidity

10. white spots is also a sign of mites

11. I hope that's not the case what do I do then? How can I fix these problems

12. How can I get rid of mold without buying chemicals and what can I do if it is mites there only 4 weeks old ive kept the room clean ... I give them power zyme a hesi product .. I spray them with mighty wash so it's hard to believe I have mites

13. I flushed each plant ... I didn't add nutes just pure warm water. How long till I see results? And is the temp 60 to 68 ok?

14. Get some sns 203 run your next water with it

15. What is that for

16. Takes care of pests and fungus

It could also be mold invest in a humidity and temp bar there pretty cheap make sure your humidity is on point... I can't tell how your pots/bags are draining water but if their not draining efficiently you could be building up soil water and molding your roots

17. Well ever since I started watering I give them 4 cups each bucket there on the 4th week of veg so that small of an amount of water won't cause them to drain so up until today they never have drained from the buckets should I be giving them more water like half a gallon or a full ?

18. How often do you water and what kind of water?

19. and what is your nutrient ratio for the 4 cups of water per plant you could be over feeding

20. Every other day or every 2 days ... Hesi nutrients say to feed every other day I usually do water feed wAter or water water feed... The water is ran through a filtration system the ppm is at 250 before any nutes are added