Maybe not the 1ST but the best novice grow DIY Hydro/Grow box ever build Diary

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by trillyen, Feb 23, 2009.

1. I don't know if I would trust those nutes, maybe in the dirt. In a hydro system you have to replace all the nutes that naturally come in soil. You end up with, macro and micro nutes. 15-10-15 is the macro nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. I don't think the fert you have will supply the micros, calcium, iron, copper, magnesium etc.

A Ph of 6 should be fine but don't forget to check it.

This is what i use, it is a little complicated but it's fool proof http://www.hidhut.com/catalog/technaflora-recipe-for-success-starter-kit-p-1061.html
    It should last you one or two grows

:hello:sprouts:hello:

2. ohh i gotta replace all the nutes that the soil produces that helps but its bad news cause i got a sprout planted in my bucket right at this very momment

Now i really dont have the time to order anything off the net, i need a nute that will help me fast from a garden center, any suggestions, i need to think QUICK

im gonna check and see if that nute that i mention has all the things u mentioned w.a grower

thanks alot!!!!

3. OK, the shultz nutes im using does have micro nutes in it like zinc, mag and iron, and it says add 7 drops per quart, and i just added like 5 drops in my 5 gallon bucket since there is like 4 quarts in a gallon, i wanted it to be real diluted ya know

I just dont like the 15-10-15 ratio, i got some fish emulsion organic fert tongiht from walmart, and its like 5-1-1 i was gonna get some miracle grow for tomatos it was like a 18-18-21 ratio, i liked that alot better than anything, but it wasnt organic!!!!

CAN i mix the shultz, and the fish emulsion fert it says on the fish emulsion that its ok to use other ferts with it, but i dont know about the all purpose shultz

thatd be a ideal veg nute mix, now all i need is a organic flowering mix.... any department store reccommendations???

thanks!!!!

4. Great news I was looking over my Schultz fert and it says it can be used in hydro ponics, so that was realy exciting to read, and like i said before it contains zins, iron, and mag so i think it should be fine as of and for the momment. I just started my second bubble bucket last night and i added 12 drops of the schultz to the bucket unlike the 5 i added in the first bucket a week ago, so my buckets will have dif changing water schedules, like every thursday and saturday.

First and for most i just wanna say that iwould have never been able to build my bubble buckets without this thread here, shots goes out to this man, 1,000,000 thank yous

http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/121335-lets-build-bubble-bucket-step-step.html

ever wanna go hydro read that and follow the directions, and read the hole post before asking any questions like youll see that i should have...lol, sometimes answering the same questions over and over can get annoying!!!

Any way she hasnt fully sprouted yet but i see signs of a sprout coming up in my first bubble bucket, im SO EXCITED i tried to take a pic but it didnt come out real good but i can tell i see growth....

All i did was pretty much germinate the seed in a dixie cup in the dark, wait a couple days for it to sprout, put it in a rockwool growing cube, fill my bucket up to the proper level with water, added the bubbler, made sure my bucket was light tight ( meaning it didnt have any light getting to where the roots were gonna be),turned on the bubbler to see it working before i put the lid on, surrounded the seed that was in the rockwool cube with rock lava that i got from lowes(pre-rinsed) in the net cup that i ordered off line it was like 1.25 or something, i added about 5 drops of schultz all purpose liquid plant food to the bucket ( should have added about 12 drops, bottle says 7 drops per quart, but i wanted to dilute the solution for the young seedling), and i think thats about it here is a pic u cant see nothing but trust me its coming up!!!!:hello::hello::smoking:
    [​IMG]

HERE IS A PIC OF BOTH OF MY FULLY FUNCTIONAL BUCKETS UP AND RUNNING, ALSO PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THIS IS COMPLETLEY MY FIRST HYDRO GROW EVER, AND IM HAVING SO MUCH LUCK AND FUN WITH THE WHOLE SET UP, ITS LIKE GOING FROM ANALOG, TO DIGITAL, BETTER YET FROM STANDARD, TO HIGH DEF, LOL

[​IMG]

This is the little 6 plant set up ill have in my flowering room under a 250 watt hps, it was a joy to build also, and it will be a bubble bucket as welll, im also gonna add a drainage valve to this just havent got any yet!!!

[​IMG]

1 thing to remember when doing a bubble bucket for the first time i know for me it was HARD for me to understand where the roots where suspose to be exactly in the bucket, and what if some of them were not in the water would the plant die??? NO, it wont because the bubbles not only oxygenate the roots but when they get to the surface of the water they cause a explosion of microscopic water particles to cover what ever part of the roots are not submerged in the water, so in theory your bucket could be half way full bu if your bubbles are frequent enough, and your pump is strong enough, than all of your roots will be feed with the mist of water basically!!!

Note: try to keep the water level as close as possible to the bottom of the net cup for the young seedlings tho cause there root system is barely developed, and needs saturation and nourishment, also the root system is like a straw basically, and takes in what it needs to the plant so all of the roots do not always have to be wet, but im sure it helps.

Having said that, now brings me to my organic soil grow tell me what u guys think of my white widow so far, Sorry for the horrid pics!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She seems to be happy, but only time will tell, im just glad to see shes not stretching, and while i got your attention has anyone ever used this fert please, and if not what do u guys think of it would it be ok for hydro, it is organic

Thanks for the looks, and the comments in advance!!!!

IT starts right now!!! The big time...lol

5. I absolutely demand you name one after me.

Any clones made from the plant will subsequently be named aTam the 2nd, the 3rd, ect.

6. LMFAO, what a out of the blue post

Y may i ask should i name 1 after u?? If u can come up with a good enough answer i will do so, especially if your a gurl, lmao!!!

7. I'm not a girl, but I am tremendously overweight and have very large breasts with barely any hair on the left one.

Also, my mullet from behind makes me look like a bangin' blueberry. However only if you're shorter than me, otherwise you can clearly see it's a skullet.

I've also been told I smell like skunk, which is a very popular type of weed. If you're into weed, you're into me because I have tons in my front yard.

8. wow, what a imagination, i thought i was creative wow...

still i regret this wont be enough to name one of my most prized posessions after u but i might think about u and your posts while im curing my buds,lol

So far this has got to be one of the simplest step by steps or how to guides on this site THAT IVE SEEN but who am i to judge, but a noob, lol

thanks guys updates still to come, oh and i can see my hydro sprout coming good

tonight im gonna add to my flowering room box. im gonna try to hang my hps fixture and set all that stuff up also

thanks for the responses guys!!!

9. #69 trillyen, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009
    Nope, not just a bump, but an update, all in ONE day wow, so much!!!

First and for most my hydro seed sprouted, but ill save that which is the best for last

I got my flowering box done and oh my god was it a pain to build the second one but it is more light proff than the 1st 1

Im painting the inside of it white but its gonna take 2 coats, check it out let me know what u think!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here is my FIRST EVER HYDRO SPROUT, I DONT THINK I COULD BE ANY MORE EXCITED, WOW!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Wow, im so excited i got my first hydro sprout today and its actually growing up " FAST", its already like the size of one of my 3 day old seedlings, i also got some new nutes today, that i would like to ask questions about, but i think im the only one who actually pays any attention to this thread any more so im just gonna ask in Js so you wanna grow marijuana thread, hes so good at getting back to people on that stuff

Any who trust me im living proof that if i can do hydro ANY 1 can trust me...

tell me if it looks ok, i think it does!!!

[​IMG]

OK, I ALSO SAW SIGNS OF LIFE IN MY OTHER BUBBLE BUCKET, SO IM SURE ILL HAVE ANOTHER SPROUT BY MORNING TIME FOR SURE CHECK IT OUT!!!

[​IMG]

11. Man that plants going to think it's growing in the mountains.

It's going to be like a mountain lion but a mountain plant.

It's going to be so tough man, you'd better watch yourself.

12. It does kinda look like Mustafa, the fater from the lion king, huh, if it could talk or roar i wonder what itd say, i wonder if it would purrrrrrrrr

DUDE, u r freaking stoned aint u???

13. Just wanted to say that the seed i got from single seed centre on how times that was cracked, was replaced today, and im so stoked.

Dont know if they tried to email me or not but they did send me a replacement seed for the 1 that they sent me that was cracked

i love them for it... hope shes a girl, i dont buy feemed seeds to risky for the extra money let nature take its course!!!

14. Is there any proof out there that femmed seeds are not just a ploy to make more money?

15. i dont think so, but i dont think its a ploy becuae ive seen some fem seeds be less expensive than the reg seeds, i just rather take mt chance and let nature come into play and i think the ratio of females to males is usually greater than there being more males than females, i think the plants know about how many more plants are around almost like there aware of there surroundings, to a certain degree!!!

16. My stuff is looking good except for a few set backs on learning how much i need to water, and a few dehydrated plants

i trans planted the seedlings tonight because the roots were coming out of the botom, i think the peat moss cups i used were to small, so im gonna try to get bigger ones tomorrow

Attached Files:

17. Well so far my first HYDRO grow is a success i have had more probs with the organic soil drying out on me and dehydrating my soil plants more than i have my dang hydro.

thats a good thing i was so scard at first to do hydro but i personally think ALMOST any body can do a bubble bucket and if hydro is the way u wanna go than i seriously think u should go bubble bucket for a first timer!!!

Tell me what u guys think!!!!

My soil grow looks a lttle dehydrated but at this age after being dehydrated for a few days it dosent look that bad and has just got back into its vigurous growth spirts

thanks for the input guys!!!!

18. yea me and this sites pic post thing dont get along at alll!!!!!

19. yep im fucking pissed right now

Attached Files:

20. If you're just copying and pasting the urls given on the photo album pages, you have to manually enter the "http://forum.grasscity.com/" in order for it to work. Dunno who fucked up the urls but it's been like that for a long time now, ever since the photo gallery went down