Maybe not the 1ST but the best novice grow DIY Hydro/Grow box ever build Diary

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by trillyen, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Seriously, wtf are you talking about??? :confused:

2. hey im kinda of new at all this. my first plant has sprouted, any tip will be hellpfull, my plant is grown out side . i want my plant to be short and stokey
    with plenty of buds i live in cali.

3. i said u were crazy cause of this sorry bout the confusion

4. im not sur i would recommend pruning the plant after the second set of leaves to keep it kind of short and to do that every so often to keep it kinda bushy, but i may be wrong, or either u could tie it down but that might draw attention to it!!

5. trillyen-

You could always sand the edges of the wood

Those dehydrated pucks are peat moss. they're good for seeds and they show their moisture content well

some small quarter sized holes in the greenhouse would be good. one on either end is what mine has.

shogun805sb-
    you can make your own thread if you need advice, but for tips
    -good dirt
    -organic nutes
    -LST or topping

Peace

6. yea i guess i could sand that yellow off but thats just more work damn im gonna be building this thing longer than im gonna be growing, dang, oh well i hope its all worth it

thanks for the help, i cant wait to this weekend!!!

7. hahaha instant ocean, im using my old T5 lights for my grow box im going to setup imagine if i used my metal halides =p my tank needs that set tho. you still keep a salt water tank? i think you will agree with me when i say saltwater and growing are a great mix cuz of all the materials we gather =p i use the same r.o system as you too.

8. yea they do go hand and hand dont they man,yea i still got my 125 gl going but i shut my 75 gallon reef down

i got 1 halide on my 125 and like 2 on my 75 reef im gonna take the 1 off of my 125 and use it for my flowering room i guess.

yea i got the reef system ro/di unit, it gets my water down to 0 ppm and thats just awesome

did u ever go to saltwater fish. com, or reeffrontiers.com or even jimdreef. com they are some really good sw sites i loved them

i got a blue tang and some true percs im interested in getting rid of, and other things 250 lbs of live rock and some other things, dirt cheap!!!

thanks for the comments!!!!

9. Alright, wow i got alot of work done tonight, and now this thread is ofically started, sorry it was kinda a slow start up, but so far this is the space i plan to grow in!!!

this will be the maw and paw area!!!
    [​IMG]

AND ABOUT 3 FEET AWAY THE ROOM WHERE THE MAGIC HAPPENS!!!
    [​IMG]

As of right now both rooms are gonna be 5 feet tall 4 feet wide and 24 in deep a pretty good size room if i say so my self.

I got my wood last weel, and just started piecing some ideas toget her tonight well technically last night but i ran into some trouble

NEVER DO THIS WHEN TRYING TO BUILD A GROW BOX IT WAS A DISASTER
    [​IMG]
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i tried drilling the legs straight on to the top of my grow box without a structure, kinda like putting the tire on a car and not the LUG NUTS to hold it on, needless to say when i tried to turn it over it collapsed, i then decided, and figured out that i needed a frame to screw the long clumbsy legs onto!!!

SO i then cut the 2x2 wood boards to the length i needed for my project after meausring....
    [​IMG]

and pieced them all together using corner braces for stability....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I then screwed my new frame to the board THAT I WAS TRYING TO USE FOR MY FRAME THE WRONG WAY THE 1st TIME LIKE I SAID EARLIER....
    [​IMG]
    :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:
    [​IMG]
    :D:hello::D:hello::D:hello::smoke::smoke::hello:
    [​IMG]

As u can see i didnt use the white board i had earlier when i was doing it the wrong way it turned out to be to small for the frame i built, i used regular PLY WOOD this time.

I then added the 5 foot legs to the top half of the frame... As u can see in this next pic, i left room in the frame work accounting for where i am going to put the legs at, and HELL no they didnt fit in there PERFECT for me any way it might be a different story for u but they fit in there good enough, and they are now very stable!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I then put some wod screws into the legs that went all the way into the top frame of the grow box that i built earlier for real strong stability, i put about 4 total 2 on each side, not a very good pic but u get the idea tho i hope!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I then built another frame for the bottom of the grow box to sit on...
    [​IMG]

and i added the bottom section to the new frame with some screws like i did earlier the same exact way
    [​IMG]

After that i flipped the grow box over and sat it on the new frame ( to ad it was very stable when i flipped it and didnt break how it did when i built it the wrong way).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

then i CAREFULLY situated the bottom frame under the grow box and drilled everything in just like i did onthe top half!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also started to add my siding as u can see in the pics above to start to close the box in

Well it was hard work but once u get into it its kinda fun....

thanks for reading and i hope this helps some one out, its nice to have some thing to go buy, i know this thread aint the most detailed i just tried to cover all the basics hope i got it all, thanks for reading!!!!

10. Looks good can't wait to see it finished:D

I don't know if it's easier, but here's the way I did it.

Screw all the 2x2 boards together. Then screw on the corner brackets. Finally, put the plywood and the doors on - which were a bitch for me.

11. i dont know that i understand ur way... screw all the 2x2 s together how the heck and y would u do that?? im not doubting u in any way i just dont see how u could screw the together without the corner brackets i mean i guess u could but i just do it all at once kinda i think

i kinda see what ur saying

to me the ply wood was easy to put on cause i scrwed the top and bottom frames right onto it then just flipped the structure over

thanks for the kind words and the bump

Hey where u been W.A grower i havent herd from ya for a while u mjust party on the weekends huh???

Hey while i got your attention, can i use a sponge to grow my seed in and then plant it in my rock lava and put it in my bubble bucket

im thinking this should work shouldnt it

i just hate ordering stuff over the net but im about to go see how much some rockwool cubs are real quick

thanks again man!!!!

12. nice, that's pretty much the same setup as my cab :D

13. Thanks man, i appreciate it, now i just gotta get the doors made and another one built just like it!!!

where the hell u been ZPRYO??? long weekend???

l,ao???

14. You'd probably be done already if you didn't take a pictures every 7 seconds.

Oh hoho, I'm just kidding ;)

15. yea u r probably right!!

i just wanted noobs like me at building GROW BOXES to have something to go by, cause i couldnt really find any basic grow box how twos on this site, so i think this will be a nice thing in the search engine

This is gonna be like my own line weed growing document diary also tho lol

step-by-step

16. Well you're off to a great start. I took some short cuts to avoid woodwork and because of that I will not have as much room for my plants as you.

Not to mention the wood will insulate better than something like rubbermaid and you can control is easily by adjusting airflow.

All that work will pay off.

17. Hey thanks, thats really making my day i hope this helps out alot of noobs like me with limited space!!!

wait til i put the doors on i got good plans for the doors theyll be nice.

Hey its not to late for u either man ur box dont have to be as big as mine u could still build 1 and move your plants man

its just WORK, but u know how rewording it feels

I hope u walk into the light, id love to help ya just ask if ya need anything

18. here is a pic of my grow box as of last night!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Ya I'll come bug you when I move on to the woods! Right now I'm broke from losing my job and spending the rest of my money making this.

http://img23.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gwip.jpg

It'll do fine if I LST the plants.

However... I do have some epic old particle board in my garage. Two pieces the size of a twin bed. They're about 15 years old and still in the garage haha, maybe I can do something with those.

20. hey thats a nice lil diy bucket u got there, i bet its a pain to get in and out of

id have to see what kinda wood u got to tell ya what u can do with it, but if u got 2 plywood sheets the size of twin beds u could easily use that to build a grow box.

Man im really sorry to hear about your job man, i hope things get better for u i really do, u seem like a real nice person and no one deserves to have that happen to them.

let me know when u need the help, and naw u wont ever bug me i promise

So what kinda strains are u growing do u know???

are u just flowering from seed each time???