Maybe I shouldn't have moved to Toronto?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by muskokagirl, Jul 15, 2010.

1. March 1st I moved to Toronto with my brother to work for him and I came to discover a lot of new music groups from my hometown Barrie, Ontario. It is sort of funny that when I moved to Toronto it seemed that a lot of Barrie events are taking place this summer and I have no way of getting there. I do not drive, I do not make enough money to take a train and all my friends keep bragging to me about the concerts I am missing. I am starting to think maybe I should have never moved to Toronto or at least I should have waited until the end of summer. What can you do I guess...

2. there are plenty of shows in toronto you can go to ! i'm there at least once a week for a show/hangouts, so search around the interbuttz for what yr interested in and yr bound to find something.

also, a round trip bus ticket from toronto to barrie is like 20$, which would be less than the train.

3. Do you no of any shows that are like less then $20? I am sort of on a tight budget..

4. Just save up for a train ticket for the proper opportunity.

But don't worry about there being shows in Toronto; there's always something going on. Carabana is always a good time, and there's a couple of Rush concerts going on. Something you'll like will come to town.

The lack of good concerts and venues this summer is mostly because of the G20 bullshit; I think they gave a travelers warning or something.

5. Yeah I guess I can just save up...I just really need to get out...so bored lately.
    Thanks for all your help I appreciate it :)

6. what type of music are you into ?

7. I basically like everything except pop and country...I like hardcore stuff where I can mosh....but I like just pubs where you can sit down and watch the band while having a beer...

8. oceano just played at a bar called sneaky dee's monday.

As I Lay Dying, Underoath, Between The Buried And Me, blessthefall, The Acacia Strain, Architects, Cancer Bats, War of Ages \t \t \t \t \tare playing at sound academy july 17

9. Musk your avatar looks like a penis.

10. Awesome stuff! I know a few of those bands...do you know how much it would cost?

It is a joint not a penis :S

11. I still see a penis.

12. lol you weirdo :p

13. Freudian thoughts perhaps?

14. BTBAM is the shit!!!!!

15. stuck in the city and mark pesci both do a lot of hardcore/punk shows..stuck in the city supports a shit load of local (and local-ish) bands, the hardcore scene in toronto is phenom right meow.

Aanmelden | Facebook
    Aanmelden | Facebook

alsoooo check out the horseshoe (on queen) and sneaky dee's (college and bathurst) for brew and cheap little shows. i would also suggest eating nacho's from sneaky's cuz they're amazing haha.

16. just take the GO train north from Union to Barrie-South, it doesn't cost THAT much.

17. Yeah I guess you are right...but I still need to get to know Toronto though..thanks for your help :)

18. 16 bit dubstepp show tonight at wrongbar $15.....