Maybe a silly question but........

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by thcwarrior, Oct 12, 2012.

1. I have a 1000w supernova air cooled hps with six inch vents and linline fan.

I will be blowing across the light instead of sucking as it has plastic blades and will br drawing air from outside and the expelling it back outside with none entering the grow room from this part of my set up.

My question is which side of the hood should i blow into? I.e the side where the bulb screws in or the side that is completely empty?

May seem a silly question but ive never used one before.

Cheers guys ;)

2. Weird way to do things but i would blow from the side the bulb screws in. that way air flows over the light streamline like.

FYI almost all Inline fans blades are Plastic they wont melt if that is your concern... also blowing is less efficient and the heat from the inline fan will now be passing over the bulb as well. not that it will make a huge difference

3. So would you recommend it sucking?

I will also have a carbon filter and a smaller inlet fan in the grow room but thought having the hps coming in and going out on a seperate system would ensure the air going through the hood would be cooler and flow better than having it going out via carbon filter-hood-fan-outdoors.

I have all the fans so i thought why not haha.

I think i will suck air out from hood now i know that the fan wong melt from the heat.

Thanks for the help bud ;)

4. i would definitely go with it on the sucking side, easier for it to pull air than to push.

5. THIS.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    agree with this green looking michalangelous

6. Just leave the intake fan off the equation....the negative pressure will be great to eliminate the smell! Exhaust it through the filter over your bulb and through the fan to exit the room!

7. I was wondering instead of having the hood fan independent and having a seperate carbon filter system should i connect inlet side to my carbon filter and let it suck from grow tent instead? Problem is i only have the 4" carbon filter from the system so would have to use a reducer to connect to the 6" fan for the hood. Would this still work or would i need to buy a bigger carbon filter, remember i only have s 1m x 1m x 1.8m grow tent?

If not ill just use them independently

Cheers

8. I was thinking.....

4" carbon filter / 4" fan / reducer 4"to6" / 6" duct / cooled hood / 6" duct / 6" fan / 6" duct / outside vent

Or is that overkill? Would just save me having to by a 6" carbon filter

9. I believe that could work. I would leave the smaller 4 inch fan off for now unless you find you need it. You probably could mount a 6" mount plate directly to the top of that filter. If you have the same filter that i think you have....it can fit! Make your hoses as short as possible to make it fit....extra curves and slop in the hose will work against what your trying to do! Keep it smooth and as straight as you can! Later Bro.

Happy Growing

10. question is, why even go 4" if you can just get a 6" carbon scrubber.

11. I believe he already has the 4 inch version. I know I have the same activated carbon filter that is sized for a 4 inch tube, however it didn't come with the adapter and i am sure I could have put a 6 inch adapter on there.