Maybe a Mg Deficiency? Or toxicity? Or nute lock? I just don't know man!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by HookdOnChronic, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Details about the flower room are as fallows:
    Temp: between 77-81 degrees
    Humidity: 20% give or take
    Soil: Soiless mix
    Nutes: MG Bloom Booster (15-30-15) and mollassess, Feed every other watering.
    Water: when the top 2 inches of soil are dry, and water thoroughly untill I get runnoff
    Lights: x12, 26W, 2700K CFL's. All kept within 3 inches of the plants.
    Pot: It's in a 2 1/2 gallon pot (think this might be the problem) and the plant is roughly 14" tall and 21" wide
    Strain: Strawberry Cough, Been flowering for 25 days now.
    Can't think of anything else you'd need to konw, but if you need to know anything else ask me and I'll tell you.

Now here are some pix of the plant and a couple of the effected leaves. I just can't quite decide which direction to go, becuase if it's toxicity I don't want to feed nutes and make things worse. But on the other hand, if it's a deficiency and I end up NOT feeding I also don't want it to get worse! lol

So I'm just seeing if anybody may have an idea as to what's goin on here. Any and all help is welcome! :)

Attached Files:

2. The leaf samples look like potassium deficiency but that could also be caused by a lockout condition so you have to consider the potential causes before you just blindly feed your plant. You may need to flush and you may need to correct your ph but it is hard to say without knowing the full history of your grow.

3. root bound

4. those nutes seem awfully hot on the n- number. i would repot and quit feeding. good luck.

5. dude just make sure you are checking the ph of your soil runoff regularly. the most likely problem, going on looks alone, is deficiency. later stages most of the time will require some cal-mag to replenish all the nutrients taken from the soil by the plant during veg growth. that is what i have found to be the culprit in most spotty rusty leaf situations. rootbound is the other but the only way to see that is to remove it from the pot and inspect root ball for signs of lack of room for root growth. hope this helped bro.

also take note: when leaf tips start to yellow. this is a sign for you to back off on nutes for awhile and just use water

6. looks like the plant is doing normal. the fan leaves yellow, burn, and die during flowering..correct me if im wrong?

my plants do the same thing. i think ur in the right spot...

7. Hey well thanks for all the responses guys! lol, I'm not usually on over the weekends so I already went ahead and took action.

What I ended up doing is I flushed the her with 2 gallons of reg water, then after that with 1 tsp of epsom salt to 1 gallon of water, then for the 4th gallon I used 1/8 strength veg nutes, 1/8 strength bloom nutes and 1 tsp epsom salt..... This was all done on sunday and man I gotta tell you, she is looking SO much better! It's unreal! No more leaf problems at all. I just clipped any crispyness, or non-green leaves off after the flush and have been watching and nothing has come back. The flush helped alot! I think I had a bit of a lockout situation and thats what was causing the problem. No worries anymore tho, she's lookin way happier! ALL green and puuuuurrty!